Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all know that Brands and Silva have been the management in waiting for some months now.
Personally I'm happy with this , some of the criticism of Silva is over the top. His record for any who care to examine it shows he is a talented and pragmatic coach and I think superior to Fonseca. He has also had time to study our team during his enforced lay off and I feel sure he has been in contact with Brands in that time. The apparently mysterious signing of Fabra may be a strong indication of that.
All in all there is no guarantee of success with any managerial appointment, who would have predicted Scolari's dismal failure for instance ? But I am very optimistic and looking forward to seeing Brands and Silva get to work.

Agree with this. While Silva might not be my No.1 choice, I'm excited about Brands and think we have to trust his involvement/approval with whoever the new manager is and get behind the pair of them from day 1. If it is MS then so be it. I for one will make him welcome. He should be able to hit the ground running, having as you say, seen plenty of us over the last few months. (He probably deserves praise for still wanting to come here given some of the sh1te he must have witnessed from our squad of jessies). Personally I'm still thanking the great almighty that the dugout has been cleansed after the last 6 months soiling.

I think we all know that Brands and Silva have been the management in waiting for some months now.
Personally I'm happy with this , some of the criticism of Silva is over the top. His record for any who care to examine it shows he is a talented and pragmatic coach and I think superior to Fonseca. He has also had time to study our team during his enforced lay off and I feel sure he has been in contact with Brands in that time. The apparently mysterious signing of Fabra may be a strong indication of that.
All in all there is no guarantee of success with any managerial appointment, who would have predicted Scolari's dismal failure for instance ? But I am very optimistic and looking forward to seeing Brands and Silva get to work.

This is kinda my feeling, he has been away from day to day, has probably known for a while he is going to be incoming after we went so hard for him. He has had plenty of opportunity to assess the squad, weaknesses, strengths and have an understanding. I do think like you, him and Brands have probably been in contact when possible - Brands has been in contact with us for 2 years, and probably after Christmas when contact was made again it started dropping into place.

I think both should potentially have a strong grasp about the club, whats here, whats needed and how we get our identity and excitement back.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP AT THIS TIME.

We'll see Goat

Had to take the mother in law to an appointment, going back to bed soon.

You told me months ago that it would be Silva, why you changing your mind now?

I see no reason that Moshiri would switch targets.

I think its just a case of paying Watford off and then he would be in, ive seen nothing to suggest we are even talking to anybody else.

I think its just a case of paying Watford off and then he would be in, ive seen nothing to suggest we are even talking to anybody else.

Just saying Brands first is no coincidence IMO

When you consider the frenetic activity surrounding West Ham since Moyes departure , constant rumours and links to potential candidates ,against the lack of it around ourselves, it confirms my belief that Silva is our man.

Just saying Brands first is no coincidence IMO

It was always going to be Brands first, we have to give the impression that we "tried".

Paulo signing that contract has played right into our hands, all we need now is for Emery to take the West Ham job and we can say to Watford that Silva was the only manager we could pick, heres 2m, now jog on you Ponzi clowns.

Get Arteta

You take a chance whoever is chosen but with Arteta, he knows the club, he's respected by the fans, he'd be coming from a club that have just dominated the league, it would be bloody exciting and bring a broad smile to everyone's faces.

Top whatever Arsenal are about to offer and let the party begin.

As others have said Silva comes with the Watford baggage and would be greeted by many Blues with reservations.

We can't really though, can we? We can only offer him more money.

As much as we all love him, he'd be stupid to choose us over Arsenal - they're set up perfectly for an inexperienced manager to come in and learn on the job. We're a bit of a mess.

Get Arteta

You take a chance whoever is chosen but with Arteta, he knows the club, he's respected by the fans, he'd be coming from a club that have just dominated the league, it would be bloody exciting and bring a broad smile to everyone's faces.

Top whatever Arsenal are about to offer and let the party begin.

As others have said Silva comes with the Watford baggage and would be greeted by many Blues with reservations.
I doubt any coach will arrive without reservations. I would be very dubious about employing a someone with no experience. Also while I loved the lad while he was here , the manner in which he engineered his departure soured my opinion of him somewhat.
If we had been going down that road I would have preferred Vierra who is equally highly rated and at least has some experience albeit in the MLS.
All academic anyway since its Marco Silva who I personally prefer to both the above mentioned.

We can offer more than just money; there's his attachment to the club, Big Dunc and Unsy around him, a new stadium on the way, a massive transfer budget and he won't even have to move home. I'm sure we can organise a rota to give him a lift to work in the morning too.

The expectation in his first season would be less here; we're pretty much nailed on for c.7th place and as long as there were a few mores passes on the pitch people would be happier. At Arsenal, he'd be expected to get back in the top four.

With Brands in support, he might just fancy it - pick up the phone!

The thing that worries me most about Silva is that it would be an appointment that devides the fan base straight away, will people who don't want him give him time through a difficult patch to get it right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back