Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a good appointment him. However, it would be short-term given his age and history of job hopping.

I feel with Silva we have an opportunity to build a long-term strategy with him at the helm.

Silva sees us as a steppingstone nothing more. Look how he jumped ship from Watford I don't want someone like that at Everton.

Pellegrini has honour and integrity no one can deny that.

Silva sees us as a steppingstone nothing more. Look how he jumped ship from Watford I don't want someone like that at Everton.

a bigger club came knocking and he wanted to go... Can't think of any examples where a manager has stayed when a big club came knocking for him.. why Watford didn't take the money we never know

My reasoning is based only on his demonstrated performance to date.
Not exactly successful or loyal since his time in the premiership considering.
He’s been out of work for 6 months and none of the crisis clubs or foreign clubs have come in for him and I think they may know better than us all.
Another ‘flavour of the month’ like Martinez and Koeman that will be a short term mediocre appointment.
IMO
Did you reasoning include factoring that hull were already a dead team walking that be almoat reacued
Did it consider the excellent job he was soung at watford until he lost the dressing room because his head was turned or is it just based on one dimensional thinking

My reasoning is based only on his demonstrated performance to date.
Not exactly successful or loyal since his time in the premiership considering.
He’s been out of work for 6 months and none of the crisis clubs or foreign clubs have come in for him and I think they may know better than us all.
Another ‘flavour of the month’ like Martinez and Koeman that will be a short term mediocre appointment.
IMO

He has been on our payroll since the day Watford sacked him. My guess is he was been given a sweetener by Moshiri and told to go away and plan for next season.

Plenty of jobs have come up since he left Watford and he wasnt linked seriously with any of them.

Once the compo has been sorted with Watford he will be announced. The contract is more than likely already signed.

He also beat Liverpool during that time with Niasse on the score sheet and showed faith in him whilst most of us had written him off.

Fat Sam saved Palace when he was called in at Xmas and they were bottom. Similar job at WHU. Saved Newcastle who sacked him and then went
down. Sam has also done what was asked of him at EFC; he has failed to convince for the long-term job but the point is that Sam can manage and will deliver.

Silva has done nothing. He had a chance at Hull and blew it and then got another chance at Watford and proved to be disloyal.

How about Howe who has done a top job at B'mouth? But Silva...

Pellegrini is available, freaking West Ham are going to sign him up while we waste time with Silva.

If you want an attscking manager look no further than Pellegrini it would be mental not to go for him. We are a bigger club than West Ham

West Ham are in a much worse state than us, both on and off the pitch.

Their squad needs ripping up and almost starting again from scratch.

The dildos are properly hated by the fans and it won`t take much to set the fans off again.

Pellegini isn`t a " starting from scratch " type manager.

" If " Pellegrini goes there, he`s going to have to hit the ground running or it`ll all go off again big time.

He`s not the right man for them.

Fat Sam saved Palace when he was called in at Xmas and they were bottom. Similar job at WHU. Saved Newcastle who sacked him and then went
down. Sam has also done what was asked of him at EFC; he has failed to convince for the long-term job but the point is that Sam can manage and will deliver.

Silva has done nothing. He had a chance at Hull and blew it and then got another chance at Watford and proved to be disloyal.

Hull team was asset stripped, check their transfer dealings. Despite having 2 disastrous transfer windows, Silva turned them into a decent side and nearly got them out of the mire.

They played really good football too.

When he took them over, everyone knew they were already relegated.

He nearly did something really special. His side's beat big teams too. He was a surgeon asked to operate on a dying patient. They got relegated under his management. The best surgeons have patients who die sometimes.

Ask Hull fans. They will tell you how good he is. And that's owners were to blame.

Did you reasoning include factoring that hull were already a dead team walking that be almoat reacued
Did it consider the excellent job he was soung at watford until he lost the dressing room because his head was turned or is it just based on one dimensional thinking

He had a good 3 months at Watford, then a bad 2 months after. If that’s enough to manage us then Allardyce, Howe and even Moyes would fit that description.

He can’t take all the plaudits for a decent 3 months then make excuses for the latter 2 months. If he ants to become a top manager then he has to show a bit more than that.

I’ll be honest I have no idea what kind of job he would do here, but in the Premier league he has flopped, there is no other way to put it. His PL league record doesn’t come anywhere near to the likes we will turn our nose up at such as Dyche, Howe, etc.

So pellegrini never moved clubs for more money .... i wonder why he went to Man City
Some kind of sense of duty or was it the lure of a big budget club eith more wages and the opportunity to achieve something
There IS VERY LITTLE INTEGRITY in the managers trying to get to the top. They are all looking for stepping stones

Hull team was asset stripped, check their transfer dealings. Despite having 2 disastrous transfer windows, Silva turned them into a decent side and nearly got them out of the mire.

They played really good football too.

When he took them over, everyone knew they were already relegated.

He nearly did something really special. His side's beat big teams too. He was a surgeon asked to operate on a dying patient. They got relegated under his management. The best surgeons have patients who die sometimes.

Ask Hull fans. They will tell you how good he is. And that's owners were to blame.
Whats this Columbian left back we've been linked with like mate?

I'm superstitious,we've only ever won anything with an English manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back