Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a results based profession, which seems fairly one dimensional. However being relegated at Hull, and losing the dressing room at Watford would put him behind a number of merry go round managers who did rescue a sinking ship.
But let’s agree to disagree, I think he’s mediocre, you obviously don’t, let’s hope you can shout me out with silverware or champions league come next May.
Actually i have no strong opinion about him or his suitability i was just looking for your reasons behind your assertion
I have a feeling that sometimes a mediocre manager in one club will be either awful or brilliant at another
Eddue Howe for example I feel is a one club wonder same with Dyche
I have read a lot about hiw good a man manager Silva is and how we organised he is ... and how quickly he gathers a dressing room of players behind him ... which i think is very much what we need right now ..., add marcel brands as a true DoF to the mix to organise the playing style and to guide Silva ... then I think we may just have something to get us started
Thanks for giving a good reasonec argument sometimes in here to get lambasted for querying somebodys readoning

Eh lads what happened with Fonseca

gettyimages-960063162-1526735224.jpg

...yeah good shout tbf....If it is Silva though I will get behind him as will / should we all...he could be great...as could Howe though....no one knows. Are we really gunning for Moshiri's choice or bust tho. Koeman was our figurehead 18 months ago and that turned out arse. I hope Silva has a thick skin and sexy skills or he will be outed in 3 months if things dont go to the fans plans.
I want Howe, only because he never knows when he is beaten. His teams play to the very end and often turn a loss to a win - draw. Im 47 mind and have witnessed many new dawns with only, .well .....none living upto fan expectations...i get Howe is not a sexy name but his attitude alone deserves a looksie imo.

I can understand the shouts for Howe to some extent but......

On the one time he ventured outside of his Bournemouth comfort zone it was a disaster and also he has no European or trophy winning experience, something where Silva has the clear advantage.

How is the ex RB Leipzig manager not getting mentioned ? Not saying he’s some godlike talent but he’s rated pretty high and has just quit Leipzig after failing to agree a new deal.

We are in a very strange position at the moment. No DoF or manager. Both positions will be filled by early June. My question is, what do they do? The players will be away, they can't see them in training, they can't run their eye over them and make up their own mind about them. Do they keep players, shift some on and buy new players on the say so of others.
Does Moshiri give them £100 million to spend trying to improve a squad they really don't know much about. It is a strange situation unless it is Silva and he has known it for some time and he has been watching us with a view to being manager.

I can understand the shouts for Howe to some extent but......

On the one time he ventured outside of his Bournemouth comfort zone it was a disaster and also he has no European or trophy winning experience, something where Silva has the clear advantage.
Yeah, point well made...he may not be the man at this present time but he knows the league and has managed to keep a side in it with far less funds available than us...it could be that we may prove to big a job with the fan and board expectation the way it is. Whoever Moshiri deems fit we have to get behind them...and for more than a season. Personally Howe would be my preffered man this or next time, (I just love the way his team manage matches...very few oppos dare switch off for a second)..Also due to hearing him say he was raised a blue..call it my romantic side.

Hahahaha, Domenico Tedesco now a decent shout. Last year he was managing a second division Erzgebirge Aue and finished 14th!!! If it wasnt for his last season at Schalke, the bedwetters would crash this forum if we were linked with him.

That’s great point for Silva appointment. As I said many times earlier, every appointment is a gamble and you’ll never know how’s manager would fit a club and other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back