Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Silva over AVB?

I mean I was just pondering the same thing and in my head AVB has the edge.

AVB
Managerial honours[edit]
Porto
Zenit Saint Petersburg
Silva
Manager[edit]
Estoril

Sporting

Olympiacos

AVB sacked by Chelsea in a season they won the CL as well.

I think AVB has the edge personally.
AVB is finished ages ago mate. Failed with Chelsea and Spurs and trust me, he was a joke in Zenit. No surprise he ended in China despite being so young for a manager. He is massively overrated.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Yes, agreed. I was similarly nonplussed by his getting mention. Mind you, there were some right left-field suggestions made weren’t there? Sometimes I reckon a few GOT members don’t treat this football stuff with the gravity it demands.

They are both similar but AVB has had his chance at two top clubs and failed, Silva is still unproven in the prem. I also remember his teams play pretty boring football.

AVB was sacked by Chelsea in March, when they were 3 points off 4th.

They finished 6th, won the FA Cup and the CL.

He wasnt given a chance at all at Spurs, who when they sacked him after 3months were in 7th.

I recall in Moyes’ last season with us, Jelavich scoring the winning goal in the last minute against AVB’s Spurs outfit. I remember him looking all at sea (AVB, not Jelavich...although Jela also usually looked all at sea), and him just stood there on the sideline, nervously picking his nose.
I think we dodged a bullet, him missing out. I reckon Dhaka’s the best place for him at this stage of his rallying career.

I talked about the budget, not about the honours. The are the richest team in the league by a country mile. Especially they were in AVB years. They have a mess in the directors room although.
He wouldn't end in China being about 40 years old if he would be so good, isn't it?
He won 1 title out of 3 with the best players in the league.

I talked about the budget, not about the honours. The are the richest team in the league by a country mile. Especially they were in AVB years. They have a mess in the directors room although.
He wouldn't end in China being about 40 years old if he would be so good, isn't it?
He won 1 title out of 3 with the best players in the league.

I guess you support 1 of the Moscow teams?

Anyway, I just said I consider AVB to have a better record than Silva, my point stands.

Let's see if Silva's still here at the end of the season shall we.

If he gets the job we will indeed see whether or not he makes it to the end of the season. I've no idea if he will.

What that has to do with my comment on your posting prowess I am not sure though. You are still yet to post anything even moderately positive on this forum as far as I can see.

Whoever it is, I hope an appointment doesn’t drag on with the fans getting restless in the process.

Silva doesn’t excite me much to be honest , however if it’s him I’ll support him all the way. Personally I would love a shock appointment in a good way, like a Conte or something like that but it seems the club isn’t capable of it as it stands.

Basically I don’t want us fighting for the “best of the rest” in the years to come with a possibly regressive season within that costing another manager his job just to start all over again for another push for “best of the rest”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back