Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the end of the season, I would disagree. Booted the board, pretty much. The coaching (sic) staff, manager, and appointed on the face of it, a very competent DOF.

The longer it takes to appoint an actual manager makes me think it aint Silva. Unless there is some contractual date that he cant join us till.

Brands said the other day that he stayed in touch with Kenwright and Moshiri since the initial contact two years ago. Presumably then, he's been privy to their thoughts and ideas, and has been preparing for this move for some time. He'll know that Moshiri was all in for Silva, and will have had time to assess the wisdom of that preference, and very possibly to have discussed things with Silva himself. I think it's more than likely to be Silva - and that that decision will be something Brands is happy with - but I'm with you - a different man wouldn't surprise me in the least. Arteta possibly? A modern coach familiar with English and European football, given time to develop under an experienced DoF? I always felt the Arsenal appointment had to be the first seat to be taken before others knew where they'd be sitting.

Could be we're now waiting for the CL final to pass. It should have been done by now, but doing it in the next few days either side of Saturday and the announcement of a new boss is going to be marginalised by all the coverage of that final.

I'd guess we'll hear who succeeds Allardyce from Tuesday onward now.
Mate i don't think anyone cares who our next manager is, more so if it's Silva.

I'm fully onboard the Arteta bandwagon, but that's probably more to do with the fact we're about to appoint Silva, which would be underwhelming in my opinion.

I'd hope Everton would at least interview Arteta if he's interested. That would give them an idea of whether he's worth considering or not. You never know, he could blow their socks off.
There appears to be no interview process does there? This is one of the things that’s concerning me. It seems we made our mind up months ago to get Silva without reconsidering our options in the summer and interviewing all of the possible candidates.

Let's wait for all the better managers to be snapped up first lads, then we can sign Silva who is a free agent and should have been ready to come in instantly once Allardyce was dismissed. Classic Everton.

Give it Rooney till end of next season.
Seems bizarre to me, if Silva is going to be next boss why didn’t we bring him in awhile ago and give him time to work with the squad and assess the players first hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back