Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the end of the season, I would disagree. Booted the board, pretty much. The coaching (sic) staff, manager, and appointed on the face of it, a very competent DOF.

The longer it takes to appoint an actual manager makes me think it aint Silva. Unless there is some contractual date that he cant join us till.
We have bumped everyone up the pay scale internally and rectified a mistake that never should have been. I am not that impressed at all as this all should have been a given for Allardyce and Walsh and we knew Elstone was leaving ages ago and don't appear to have even considered anything but internal promotions. This was a chance to make a change but it appears to me much of a continuance of what we had before just DBB has taken the hot seat from Elstone. They were all working on the same stuff as they are now as they were without their new titles a month ago from what I can see.

Brands is as good an appointment for DOF as we could have hoped for but we all thought Walsh was going to improve us and so for that reason I won't be counting any chickens with him.

I get the feeling it is Silva and always has been and Brands is repeating the company spin he was told to put out ahead of the certainty that is us signing Silva. At this point the only way I will feel he made the decision himself is it isn't Silva. There's been far too much smoke from that fire before he got in and if it turns out the way I think it will then he's essentially been fibbing for the boss in his first press conferences and I won't be impressed.

As far as I can see he’s obsessed with managers having Premiership experience. How else do you explain Koeman and his hots for Silva?

There's just a parochialism about it all. Maybe Brands will widen this out a bit more, but I wouldn't bet against him just rubber stamping Moshiri's long standing choice.

My gosh it's just full on depression in every thread. Most pessimistic group of supporters. Really makes these forums tough to browse.

Is it any wonder?

GettyImages.942931448.jpg

This is my biggest concern, Groucho.

He didn’t “nearly” rescue Hull....he had already rescued them and things were looking good for them with three matches left.

He had them in the lifeboat and a fairly calm sea to row away in......home to already relegated Sunderland where a win would leave them four or five points clear of Swansea who were playing later that day.

They lost.

Hull collapsed in those final three games....it was way worse than owt that had came before his arrival.

I think they lost those last three games by an aggregate of 13-1 :Blink:

In fact, I do believe their last six games yielded one win, one draw and four defeats.

From memory, Hull ended up further from safety in the final placings than they were on the day of his arrival.

Look. I will give him 100% support if and when he comes in here but I for one do not find his record at Hull any glowing recommendation :(
It’s bizarre all this he almost saved Hull stuff when he actually snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Based on his Premiership performance I can’t find any reason to appoint him.

It’s being Silva all along. Only 2 possible things holding this up are Brands not officially in place and Watford acting the tit. I would say Brands has being lined up since everything went tits up early last season. Moshiri probably tried to sack Walsh at the same time as Koeman. But probably couldn’t get Brands in. Easy enough to replace Koeman with that ogre Allardyce. So Brands has probably being consulted all the way through. Think it broke first about him in January.He probably has done his own checks discreetly on potential new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back