Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty sure you'd never actually bet for or against anything, based on your track record you'd be permanently broke.
There's a fella, Denis Gartman, who appears often in US financial media talking about what he likes in the market, and what positions his hedge fund is opening. He is the ultimate contrarian indicator; whatever positions he adopts, I do the opposite...it's been a spectacularly successful strategy.
On matters pertaining to football games and their likely outcomes, @davek reminds me of Denis.

Nagelsmann(sp), Hasenhuttl, Jardim, Biesla(Lord that would be fun for a season), Blanc?

For the record I absolutely do NOT want AVB

At least your brave enough to come up with some alternatives......

Interesting though that none of them have worked in the Premiership. Not a deal breaker, but it has destroyed many managers from abroad.
So, let's look at the runners and riders.....

Nagelsmann. Apart from stating that he will be at his club 100% next season this kid has only been managing for 15 months and hasn't actually won anything.
Hasenhuttl Again, hasn't won anything and has just ended his 3 year contract at Leipzig after 2 years because the club were not prepared to extend it for a longer term. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Jardim Has been managing since 2003 and has only one league title with Monaco in that time. Besides he made a statement today that he is staying at Monaco for the future.
Bielsa A Lunatic, The club would never employ him.
Blanc A good record with strong clubs, but he would not come here. I did say credible.

I do agree with you about AVB though.

At least your brave enough to come up with some alternatives......

Interesting though that none of them have worked in the Premiership. Not a deal breaker, but it has destroyed many managers from abroad.
So, let's look at the runners and riders.....

Nagelsmann. Apart from stating that he will be at his club 100% next season this kid has only been managing for 15 months and hasn't actually won anything.
Hasenhuttl Again, hasn't won anything and has just ended his 3 year contract at Leipzig after 2 years because the club were not prepared to extend it for a longer term. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Jardim Has been managing since 2003 and has only one league title with Monaco in that time. Besides he made a statement today that he is staying at Monaco for the future.
Bielsa A Lunatic, The club would never employ him.
Blanc A good record with strong clubs, but he would not come here. I did say credible.

I do agree with you about AVB though.
I think Blanc might be obtainable should the pitch be enticing enough. Jardim would be a long shot as well.

I DID say Biesla would be a huge amount of fun for that year tho

One other thing about Blanc that bothers me is that I don't think he has worked since he left PSG in the middle of 2016. That's over 2 years out of football.
To then go to another country and another league after being away for so long is a big ask.

Apparently he has a year break clause in his contract that comes into effect on 27th. Early next week I’d say.
I hope so. Let's get this done and dusted and confirmed. If it isn't then we really are a shambles and have no idea why we sack managers when there's no good-to-go plan.

I hope so. Let's get this done and dusted and confirmed. If it isn't then we really are a shambles and have no idea why we sack managers when there's no good-to-go plan.

Think it’s all a bit of a pony show to be honest, the narrative that Brands is sifting through potential candidates is funny, especially as he was sitting in his PSV office today. lol It’s been a done deal since Dec.

Winners here is Allardyce who got 6mill for six months work, Everton got their man for 6mill with a six month wait, Watford loose 12 mill we were prepared to pay.

I think this has been the most boring managerial search in recent seasons tbh.

With Martinez it was genuine excitement of who was following the decade or so reign of Moyes

With Koeman you had the genuine feeling Moshiri was after a big statement of intent appointment

With Alladyce it was a gutting and shock appointment as talk of Silva/Tuchel/Fonesca were around.

You just know in this instance Silva is all but down and has been since last November.

True that, its dull as no matter how much most of us dont want SIlva deep down we all know it will be him regardless, his press conferance is going to be dull and get zilch media attention, like a tumbleweed on an empty road to nowhere

582x0_1431466534_feno2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back