Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people still think that if the likes of Simeone were realistic merelyfor the trouble of offering him a big contract then the club would not be all over that?

They can be incompetent and slow, but not at those levels.

We can't attract the likes of Tuchel and Emery who are a whole level below Simeone as I see it, money actually doesn't come into it. They just don't want to come here, whether they're asked or not.

Not am I saying it should be a case of Silva or nobody, but you could say we attract and get the level of manager that we deserve - we barely have a profile outside of the UK and have looked a shambles to all and sundry for the last 12 months, off the back of a record spend.

Whether Silva is the fit remains to be seen, but that is the category of managerial pool we are fishing in.

Do people still think that if the likes of Simeone were realistic merelyfor the trouble of offering him a big contract then the club would not be all over that?

They can be incompetent and slow, but not at those levels.

We can't attract the likes of Tuchel and Emery who are a whole level below Simeone as I see it, money actually doesn't come into it. They just don't want to come here, whether they're asked or not.

Not am I saying it should be a case of Silva or nobody, but you could say we attract and get the level of manager that we deserve - we barely have a profile outside of the UK and have looked a shambles to all and sundry for the last 12 months, off the back of a record spend.

Whether Silva is the fit remains to be seen, but that is the category of managerial pool we are fishing in.
Sadly some people think we're an elite club or high calibre, We are sadly a mid table club who has the best potential to break into top 4/5 places but we can't keep it going every season.

I think the reason is mostly that those proven managers don't want to come here because it's not a club competing for anything, domestically nor European. They want to be in those situations without a big rebuild job. They want the prestige not the cash.

Also would one of these managers be happy to have a DoF who by his own statement likes to get involved in all aspects? Seems like potential for clashes. It's worked before of course...

Pellegrini is also a proven manager and he is willing to come to our team instead of West Ham if we approach him

Reactions: Tak

This is a joke right?

Napoli are about to play in the Champions League for the 5th time in the last 6 years, no manager in their right mind would choose to come to us over them.

Yet people think Fonseca would do the same?

He's also been out of a job for a year

If it wasn't for the fact moshiri and his fans keep on chatting how rich he is and in turn how stinking rich the club is, I would agree that those managers are totally out of the clubs league right now. But Until they admit otherwise, I am expecting moshiri to pull his finger out of his arse and spend some dough on a top class manager.

Money talks, most managers and players of mercenaries. If they wasn't , man city would still be a crap mid table club, along side chelsea.

Sadly some people think we're an elite club or high calibre, We are sadly a mid table club who has the best potential to break into top 4/5 places but we can't keep it going every season.

I dunno mate. Depends on your definition of a mid-table club? I know, no-one currently in the mid table has a history like us. Top 6 does like, but then again, some of them haven't always been there, have they?

It's all about swings and roundabouts. Unless you happen to have the pedigree we have but by your post I don't think you are too interested in history. And that's were we differ, I do. History is your lifeblood, your heritage, who you are and where you are going. Forsake that. Well you might as well be Milton Keynes.

No disrespect. I understand in recent times we haven't exactly lived up to our motto. And work away if you want us to call us a mid-table club. Personally though, I find that an insult to every player, employee and supporter who made this club great. Sweated and bleeded their balls out for this club.

Some of us don't and will not forget. I call that pride in who we are and what we represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back