Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno mate. Depends on your definition of a mid-table club? I know, no-one currently in the mid table has a history like us. Top 6 does like, but then again, some of them haven't always been there, have they?

It's all about swings and roundabouts. Unless you happen to have the pedigree we have but by your post I don't think you are too interested in history. And that's were we differ, I do. History is your lifeblood, your heritage, who you are and where you are going. Forsake that. Well you might as well be Milton Keynes.

No disrespect. I understand in recent times we haven't exactly lived up to our motto. And work away if you want us to call us a mid-table club. Personally though, I find that an insult to every player, employee and supporter who made this club great. Sweated and bleeded their balls out for this club.

Some of us don't and will not forget. I call that pride in who we are and what we represent.
You're coming off as if I'm slagging off the whole club since it's been born? I'm saying modern Everton is a tadpole in the ocean. We aren't as big as some fans think we are and some find it hard to accept is, Top managers don't come for history it's all in past times like 3-5 years.

I dunno mate. Depends on your definition of a mid-table club? I know, no-one currently in the mid table has a history like us. Top 6 does like, but then again, some of them haven't always been there, have they?

It's all about swings and roundabouts. Unless you happen to have the pedigree we have but by your post I don't think you are too interested in history. And that's were we differ, I do. History is your lifeblood, your heritage, who you are and where you are going. Forsake that. Well you might as well be Milton Keynes.

No disrespect. I understand in recent times we haven't exactly lived up to our motto. And work away if you want us to call us a mid-table club. Personally though, I find that an insult to every player, employee and supporter who made this club great. Sweated and bleeded their balls out for this club.

Some of us don't and will not forget. I call that pride in who we are and what we represent.

History counts for Jack in the modern game mate.

It’s piss or get off the pot.

City didn’t have much of a history prior to wealth, neither did Chelsea.

You think anybody is buying and investing into Everton because of our history? Not a chance, it’s a business opportunity for investors commercially and career opportunities for managers.

Nobody gives a hoot what we did 25 years ago.

You're coming off as if I'm slagging off the whole club since it's been born? I'm saying modern Everton is a tadpole in the ocean. We aren't as big as some fans think we are and some find it hard to accept is, Top managers don't come for history it's all in past times like 3-5 years.

If you have the memory of a goldfish maybe. Listen mate. Forget the mainstream narrative. We are a top club. Always have been. Just cause we're fallow doesn't mean we're barren.

You think anybody is buying and investing into Everton because of our history?

That has nothing to do with football and everything to do with dockside development. However, the club has the swaying power to make that happen. That is because of our history and our place in the city. That's the facilitator.

The soul of a club is it's history. Undermine that if you want. That's our colours. That's what we stand behind. Knock the club all you want because of our recent lack of success but to suggest we aren't a top club is an insult to everyone who built this club.

Are we waiting for all the other clubs to appoint all their managers and players before we see what's left to pick from as usual, bottom feeder Mosh and Co.

The moment you accept that you’ll never become the best again is the moment you become the worst.

We are 5 years away from a stab at being considered a top club. The stadium combined with on field success can see us reach those levels. One without the other won’t. Moshiri will know this, he is investing to try and ensure we have a team that is worthy of the stadium. It’s not a one season plan but there needs to be progress. For me Brands is the first piece of this plan (after Walsh & Keenan failed, Allardyce was only ever a stop gap). The new manager is key, and progress is vital. Brands is more important though as it will be his accountability to put in place the structure (including manager, scouting etc) and players to achieve that success. That won’t happen over 2 seasons even but a plan and progress with that plan will be vital. I think in retrospect we (many of whom were excited by his appointment) and Moshiri have learned that Walsh was not a DOF. Moshiri has not repeated that mistake.

We are 5 years away from a stab at being considered a top club.

Considered by who and who cares? We are a top club period. We've never hired top managers. And listen I wish we had of. There's a whole host I could reel off right now but for whatever reasons our board haven't. Catterick won the league with us before then he was runners up with Wednesday.

Just because Kopites and the media paint us as a mid-table club, which suits their agenda, doesn't mean we are. Far from it. Spurs haven't won the league since 61 and they've only won it twice. And they call that they're glory years !!! For crying out loud.

Where is your yardstick. Because Sky tell you we aren't a top six club. Populated by RS pundits. It sickens all Evertonians we've haven't won sod all since 95. Once you buy into this small club mentality you are jettisoning everything, cut it out. If I ever walk into a bar and someone tells me we are mid-table club, I'd deck him. Nevermind an Evertonian. Get enough of that from those feckless muppets across the park.

Considered by who and who cares? We are a top club period. We've never hired top managers. And listen I wish we had of. There's a whole host I could reel off right now but for whatever reasons our board haven't. Catterick won the league with us before then he was runners up with Wednesday.

Catterick died in 1985 mate, we're not a top club anymore.

Get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back