Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think appointing any manager that wants to play fluid passing football is a waste of time. We don't have the players capable to do that. We can't string 3 passes together at the moment unless it's back to the keeper.

Reactions: gez
The one thing I noticed in the summer transfer window was we all got carried away.We loved the fact that we were buying players for fun.We,like Koeman saw numbers coming in through the door.We obviously didn't identify that we had bought 3 number tens cos we got carried away in the Euphoria.So did every pundit... and put us as challengers for top 6.Which proves they know nothing and we ain't much better at knowing what we really need.

We need to be building for the future. We need someone that we all love and get behind and who will grow into the position.

Wagner (at Huddlesfield) is definitely an option and fulfils this criteria. Wagner is one of these modern managers that is redefining the German expectation on what a manager should be. An honest, data-driven, forward thinking young man with average playing experience.

We should wait a bit. Maybe Unsworth would care to take charge for the next few games.
No , that would be wrong. We need to make a permanent appointment as soon as possible. Teams don’t perform well when surrounded by uncertainty. Players need to know who they’re going to be playing for not left in limbo indefinitely. Same for us fans.
In fact if we’ve done this right ( for once) I’d like to think our future manager will be at Stamford Bridge watching Unsworth steer us past Chelski, and preparing to take over v Leicester. (Obviously also hope it’s Thomas Tuchel) That would be how a professional outfit would operate. We live in hope.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't really know who they want?!

Ancelotti is the pipe dream. After that, I have no idea.

This.

Ancelotti- Perfect. Got Chelsea out of a right mess a couple of years back before Conte came in. Otherwise:

- No-nonsense organisational manager: (Our Moyes) Dyche/ Howe- Would be a step-back
- Big respected name who's accessible: (Our Koeman) Tuchel/ whoever- Just what we've got rid of
- Continental type who brings a 'philosophy': (Our Martinez) Silva etc- not really what's helpful right now given lack of discipline in the squad

So yeah, not really convinced by any of the options out there. Ancelotti for sure, otherwise not got a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back