Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I didn't read all that but it's worrying me...

Didn't play at highest level
Won the cup
Played lower tier fotball
From a small area
Studied to be physio and sport science
And based his philosophy on Barca

Didn't bobby do all that

Swansea
Cup with Wigan
Played championship footy
Came from catalan as opposed to baveria (spelling)
Based his style on Barca
Physio and sports science

For that reason ... I'm out
Good analysis....I'm a fence sitter on this one

I went for Tuchel when I got up this morning but thinking more about it I think we need someone who understands our club,fans and history. Only person IMO for the job is DU. He will bring passion and winning mentality to the club. Like all these appointments it’s a gamble

I find myself wondering whether the right move for us after Roberto Martinez would have been De Boer. Hear me out!

De Boer would have slipped right into a first team coached to play possession football but also had a reputation of giving a lot of time and energy over to defensive systems. He would have appreciated and made use of the academy and the set up Unsworth was tasked by the outgoing manager to oversee too. I know he's been a disaster at Inter and then made the wrong move to Palace...and I'm not advocating we get him now because the personnel and organisation have changed...but I think he'd have had us playing and at a competitive level and planning and building for the future. Not saying he'd have been a great success either btw, but maybe a stepping stone manager for us.

Football is sometimes all about right decisions being made at the right time. I believe the De Boer one for us could have fallen into that category and we made the wrong decision.
Not sure he could have done any worse than Koeman and footballing wise maybe, but you'd have to wonder about his man management skills.

I think after spending all that loot on players and having our hopes for success dashed by really dire performances the board owe it to us all to deliver something spectacular.

So, for the added irony and guaranteed RS fume I think they need to serve up the FSW and a Premier League title this season please.

Thanks Santa Mosh.

Not sure he could have done any worse than Koeman and footballing wise maybe, but you'd have to wonder about his man management skills.
He'd just have made much more sense in terms of continuity (with the addition of a bit of defensive organisation).

Koeman we now know in retrospect is a manager who has no system. His appointment wasn't continuity OR change.

Started off thinking Ancelotti, then Tuchel dropped his 'champs league team only' and said he would be interested and now seeing the passion from Unsworths press conference, you would think the players would get a lift from that.
Confused.

I find myself wondering whether the right move for us after Roberto Martinez would have been De Boer. Hear me out!

De Boer would have slipped right into a first team coached to play possession football but also had a reputation of giving a lot of time and energy over to defensive systems. He would have appreciated and made use of the academy and the set up Unsworth was tasked by the outgoing manager to oversee too. I know he's been a disaster at Inter and then made the wrong move to Palace...and I'm not advocating we get him now because the personnel and organisation have changed...but I think he'd have had us playing and at a competitive level and planning and building for the future. Not saying he'd have been a great success either btw, but maybe a stepping stone manager for us.

Football is sometimes all about right decisions being made at the right time. I believe the De Boer one for us could have fallen into that category and we made the wrong decision.

Like a number of other Dutch coaches he believes he is a far better coach than he is. To be fair he would have been no worse than Koeman.

For me, Dutch football theory and the premier league are too far apart in terms of approach and practicality for him to just slip in, even after 3 years of Martinez.

In hindsight maybe Unsy was the right call then and possibly now as well.

Like a number of other Dutch coaches he believes he is a far better coach than he is. To be fair he would have been no worse than Koeman.

For me, Dutch football theory and the premier league are too far apart in terms of approach and practicality for him to just slip in, even after 3 years of Martinez.

In hindsight maybe Unsy was the right call then and possibly now as well.
Oh yeah, I'm not saying FDB would have been the dream appointment, just that he wouldn't have robbed us of an identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back