Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

5LkhuQH.gif

With only 9 games played you can hardly say we are in a relegation fight. A couple of wins and we will be mid table.
I didn't say we were in a relegation fight I said we were a relegation threatened team and the position we're in and our performances suggest we are and it's a different kettle of fish taking over a team which is expected to be in the top four but is lying in 5th or 6th place where a few tweaks here and there will suffice but I think we need more than a few tweaks here and there to get us out of this mess

I just want someone who wants to be here and sees the job as the privilege that it is and not see it as a stepping stone. I keep going back to how we had to convince Koeman to come here in the first place the next guy should really want it.

I think the opposite, some posters are overstating the seriousness of the situation right now when I reality it’s all very, very tight, despite us being absolutely dreadful and we’re 2 wins off being in a European place.

Whoever we appoint will be a lot better than the totally inept Koeman.

With 3 decent additions in the correct areas this good squad will become very good and a decent manager will get a good tune out of them. It’s important we appoint for the future and not a short term panic appointment cause we happen to be joint 15th in what’s a very tight league today.

Tuchal, Silva or Fonseca for me, all of which have question marks over them but potentially a much higher ceiling than many of the other names being bandied about.

2 wins against who????? Brighton and Burnley possibly?

And for us to be in the Euro places 11 teams above us have to loose 2 games on the spin and us to win both our games 7-0'

We've just spent a shed load of money in the summer and you say we still need 3 more additions? That would be a whole new team from the one that finished last season in 7th place.

We have at least 3 decent additions that KOENHEAD refused to play

Miralles
Lookman
Barkley

Saddened by the mere fact we had to sack a manager but deffo think the club have done the right thing in appointing rhino, he should be left in charge until the end of the season IMO then we can take stock and see where we are with things, if the poll on here is a small sample of the average supporter's opinion then we have got what we asked for.

Let's all get right behind him and the team, wipe the slate clean, I hope the crowd can cut out the abuse hurled at the players and recapture the atmosphere we had at the bulk of the home games last season when we effectively turned the old Lady into a fortress.

Unless we are absolutely certain that we can get the right man right now, I think the sensible thing is to leave Unsworth in charge for the season and conduct an exhaustive search based on a thorough analysis of which manager best suits the needs and ambitions of the club on a short-medium-long term basis. That would give Unsworth the chance to prove his worth in situ, and the club would have the chance to take a considered decision. The way things stand now, matters sit quite nicely for us with regards to possible candidates. Tuchel is currently without a club, Ancelotti has said he wants a year off, Fonseca is in the final year of his contract, Silva is in his first full season in English football. Unless Unsworth goes drastically wrong, there's no need to rush into anything.

Like a number of other Dutch coaches he believes he is a far better coach than he is. To be fair he would have been no worse than Koeman.

For me, Dutch football theory and the premier league are too far apart in terms of approach and practicality for him to just slip in, even after 3 years of Martinez.

In hindsight maybe Unsy was the right call then and possibly now as well.

Dutch football is in the doldrums.

National team not in the World Cup
Top teams struggling in Champions league.
Ajax beaten by the worst UTD side in years in Euro League final.
Ex international players not performing as managers.

What is the attraction??????

A question for people.

Do we want someone who is going to coach for a short period time i.e. Koeman?

Someone who is going to build a club over a long period of time? i.e Moyes.

Obviously its not a Moyes Vs Koeman thing and there is potential value in both approaches, should we loo at manager with a narrow objectives, or look at a long term approach to building

I didn't say we were in a relegation fight I said we were a relegation threatened team and the position we're in and our performances suggest we are and it's a different kettle of fish taking over a team which is expected to be in the top four but is lying in 5th or 6th place where a few tweaks here and there will suffice but I think we need more than a few tweaks here and there to get us out of this mess
Last seasons team v Man City 4-0 win. One player missing from squad Lukaku. See what happens.

A question for people.

Do we want someone who is going to coach for a short period time i.e. Koeman?

Someone who is going to build a club over a long period of time? i.e Moyes.

Obviously its not a Moyes Vs Koeman thing and there is potential value in both approaches, should we loo at manager with a narrow objectives, or look at a long term approach to building

Interesting that Moyes had no premiership experience, whereas Koeman did. Though Moyes seemed to get Everton and I think that's a big thing.

The romantic in me wants Unsworth to go a few steps further than Moyes. And preferably, a bit quicker! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back