Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for people.

Do we want someone who is going to coach for a short period time i.e. Koeman?

Someone who is going to build a club over a long period of time? i.e Moyes.

Obviously its not a Moyes Vs Koeman thing and there is potential value in both approaches, should we loo at manager with a narrow objectives, or look at a long term approach to building
I sit in the middle, maybe as I look at football diffident now from even when Moyes was here.

You want a long term foundation laid so improvement on alll things that the manager is only one part of this.

If the manager stays short or long term the fabric, the approach by the club doesn't change and the manager and club work together to put his training and match winning philosophy in place.

The question mark is on Steve Walsh, where does he figure in this short or long term approach and what manager/'s fits into what should be a successful Everton future

Interesting that Moyes had no premiership experience, whereas Koeman did. Though Moyes seemed to get Everton and I think that's a big thing.

The romantic in me wants Unsworth to go a few steps further than Moyes. And preferably, a bit quicker! :)

I'd argue the opposite - he got Bill but not Everton. He shunned the history of the club and I firmly believe he always saw us a stepping stone for himself and players.

For all his faults, Martinez certainly got Everton.

Unsworth is an overly romantic choice that could seriously damage the club if it doesn't work out. We're in 18th and have had a disastrous start to the season, we can't afford to [Poor language removed] about with the appointment. We need someone that can change things and do it quickly.

Agree, and it could damage the fan relationship with a popular ex player and brilliant U23 manager.

I do have a feeling however, that he will put square pegs in square holes and play basic solid football with basic solid hard-working players, IMO this is exactly what we need in the short term.

Will he produce the kind of free-flowing football we saw in Martinez' first season? probably not, but hopefully he can steady the ship while we look for that person.

A question for people.

Do we want someone who is going to coach for a short period time i.e. Koeman?

Someone who is going to build a club over a long period of time? i.e Moyes.

Obviously its not a Moyes Vs Koeman thing and there is potential value in both approaches, should we loo at manager with a narrow objectives, or look at a long term approach to building

Been pondering this myself. Essentially either method works, given it's the right appointment. Question is, what is the boards take on this?

The only way we'll know what they're thinking is when they appoint a young up and comer, or an established manager with pedigree. Certainly more of the former available, and can't see many of the latter who'd be willing to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back