Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Moshiri had the idea of searching for a new manager in his mind 2-3 weeks ago, it all happened so fast, i kind of like the idea that he is not rushing into a quick appointment, let's be realistic, whoever the manager is, we will not be relegated this year, but in the same time, even if we hire the best manager in the World, the best we can do is finish 6th or 7th, we also need a miracle to qualify from our group in Europa, so basically our season is almost over, we are not going down and we are not going to win any trophy or qualify to Europe.

Written off the FA Cup already?

These Marco Silva shouts amaze me he has won 4 games at Watford FFS! He is the flavour of the month no way would I go there, reminds me of the Mike walker appointment except walker had done more!

More than taking estoril (utterly tiny team) from portuguese 2nd divison to europa league in 3 seasons? More than winning the league in greece, whilst breaking the all time winning record. More than winning sporting lisbons 1st trophy in 7 years in a 6 month spell? Football exists outwith the EPL by the way...

The five outstanding candidates for me at the moment are Dyche, Silva, Tuchel, Ancelotti & Unsworth.

He may not be the most fashionable but for me Dyche is most suitable.

Silva - flavour of the month.
Tuchel & Ancelotti - in my eyes, I believe they are waiting for the Arsenal job to come up, Tuchel maybe Bayern at end of year.
Unsworth - unproven massively at this level, biggest risk.
Dyche - not hugely proven at the top level; can he get this team up another level?

Dyche in my opinion won't take us to were we aspire to be. A safe manager who will keep us up etc. A little upgrade on moyes but that's about it. Please swerve this guy if we have any ambition atall.

For me Unsy until Christmas, then if not him, bring the new manager in then to assess and review Walsh’s potential signings and with the furore of a new era, swoop in the January window. But still let Unsy lead the team out in the League Cup final.
COYB

Dyche in my opinion won't take us to were we aspire to be. A safe manager who will keep us up etc. A little upgrade on moyes but that's about it. Please swerve this guy if we have any ambition atall.

Dyche career win %...........................38.8, simply not good enough for Everton

If the club take nearly any other option apart from Unsy til season's end while they sort out a proper long term plan, then I despair. There's no point hiring a manager until we really know what we want them to do.

I wonder if Unsworth did well(enough), got us to 10th this season, if they would still look somewhere else in the summer. It's a HUGE ask to be a manager full stop, but you would think that would give him enough currency to get a Championship or lower Premier League job managerial job and let us find a "better" manager for the time being until he learned the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back