Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem with giving Unsworth until the end of the season before deciding on a permanent sucessor is that we desperately need a striker in January.

You could only accept Rhino's input into that choice if he was the long term replacement.

On the other hand if you leave it solely to Walsh any new manager might not like the new striker.

Given the importance of this decision I think it has to be taken with input from the long term manager.
Fair point about the striker.

Haha, if it was left to Walsh to sign a striker he’d probably come back with 3 right backs and the new manager would be left to pair any one of them up top with 1 or our many no.10s.

Walsh loves the smell of a no.10 in the morning. Smells like nothing else in the world. Like... defeat.

But seriously I doubt we would sign a top front man in Jan. It’ll be someone like Dolberg or Bass Dost for an extortionate fee. We’ll see though...

Dyche in my opinion won't take us to were we aspire to be. A safe manager who will keep us up etc. A little upgrade on moyes but that's about it. Please swerve this guy if we have any ambition atall.
this is it. Dyche is to be honest, uninspiring, but should get us mid table. Then next year... mid table.... i just dont see him kicking us into the top 4 which is the long game. We're not that far adrift in the bottom three that we can't still aspire to be more than "safe".

if it was christmas, we were in the bottom 3 and we'd just sacked ronald, Dyche would be the top candidate, but thankfully we're not in that situation.

Can we do a new poll at the top now that Old Waffle Head Ron has gone MODS!?

New List:

Unsworth
Tuchel
Moyes
Giggs
P. Neville
Dyche
Big Sam
Ancelotti

to be fair there has been a few times over the last couple of years, especially under Martinez where that tactic would have won us a few more points.

It probably would have helped even this season - rather than playing it back to Williams and watching him try to figure out what he's supposed to do next.

Horses for Courses

It’s all part of debate

Really though is it ? I’m sure I read on here other day a report that Remi garde the failed Aston Villa manager had applied . I certainly don’t wont him but he’d probably be a better option than those two jokers . Why do they get into the list and others not , I saw silva from Watford mentioned whose an infinitely better option than them although obviously I’d imagine not that likely a candidate . Either do everyone or the likely candidates because if you’re doing the latter how are they in it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back