Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well opinions are like ar5holes etc....

He won the title with a squad that had a 100/1 chance. That’s in the history books.

Well opinions are like ar5holes etc....

He won the title with a squad that had a 100/1 chance. That’s in the history books.

So are all the articles and quotes.

He was about to relegate the title winning squad (pearsons team) with HIS own team!!! Hence being sacked.

I don't think Moshiri had the idea of searching for a new manager in his mind 2-3 weeks ago, it all happened so fast, i kind of like the idea that he is not rushing into a quick appointment, let's be realistic, whoever the manager is, we will not be relegated this year, but in the same time, even if we hire the best manager in the World, the best we can do is finish 6th or 7th, we also need a miracle to qualify from our group in Europa, so basically our season is almost over, we are not going down and we are not going to win any trophy or qualify to Europe.

Let Moshiri take his time, see who is available and see who will be available toward the end of next season, he might have 2-3 names in his mind and will closely follow their performances till the end of the season to pick one of them.

Meanwhile, Unsworth will get his chance, i personally wish he turns things around and gets the job full time, but if he fails, we have all the time in the world (9 months till next pre-season starts) to find a replacement.

I think the board are hoping unsworth does well enough in his first few games to be given it until the end of the season. I would back this decision so long as he does get some sort of reaction from the squad.

It’s perfect in a way because then it gives us time to see how good he really is. It’s not like he’s just been given the team for the last 10 games or so like Shakespeare. In 3/4 of a season you should be able to see some progress.

With the start we have made I don’t think we will be able to go above 7th this year, espcially with the weaknesses in the squad (no width no strikers no pace old defense etc). Therefore any new manager would inherit these problems and I don’t think we’d be able to do that much in Jan to change it.

I’d also back this decision because there doesn’t seem to be anyone out there who is really perfect for us right now. At least a full season would allow us to see how good Dyce, Silva and Howe etc are. E.g. if one of them gets their team to 7th or a cup final maybe give them a go.

I don’t know. What a f****** mess we’re in.

For what it's worth I think some managers have run their course and have nothing left to offer their ideas are old and stale, and that's why you have the managerial merry-go-round with the likes of Allardyce, Ranieri, and Pardew and others going from club to club with relatively no success. Now Ancelotti would be a great manager on paper, but like Wenger who has struggled at the Arse over the last few years, have the player heard it all before are their ideas stale have they nothing new to offer. Now my personal choice would be Marco Silva the Watford manager I liked what he done at hull even though they went down and he's got Watford playing good football. the only caveatto that is I wanted Walter Smith and look how that turned out.

I think the board are hoping unsworth does well enough in his first few games to be given it until the end of the season. I would back this decision so long as he does get some sort of reaction from the squad.

It’s perfect in a way because then it gives us time to see how good he really is. It’s not like he’s just been given the team for the last 10 games or so like Shakespeare. In 3/4 of a season you should be able to see some progress.

With the start we have made I don’t think we will be able to go above 7th this year, espcially with the weaknesses in the squad (no width no strikers no pace old defense etc). Therefore any new manager would inherit these problems and I don’t think we’d be able to do that much in Jan to change it.

I’d also back this decision because there doesn’t seem to be anyone out there who is really perfect for us right now. At least a full season would allow us to see how good Dyce, Silva and Howe etc are. E.g. if one of them gets their team to 7th or a cup final maybe give them a go.

I don’t know. What a f****** mess we’re in.

The only problem with giving Unsworth until the end of the season before deciding on a permanent sucessor is that we desperately need a striker in January.

You could only accept Rhino's input into that choice if he was the long term replacement.

On the other hand if you leave it solely to Walsh any new manager might not like the new striker.

Given the importance of this decision I think it has to be taken with input from the long term manager.

These Marco Silva shouts amaze me he has won 4 games at Watford FFS! He is the flavour of the month no way would I go there, reminds me of the Mike walker appointment except walker had done more!

The five outstanding candidates for me at the moment are Dyche, Silva, Tuchel, Ancelotti & Unsworth.

He may not be the most fashionable but for me Dyche is most suitable.

Silva - flavour of the month.
Tuchel & Ancelotti - in my eyes, I believe they are waiting for the Arsenal job to come up, Tuchel maybe Bayern at end of year.
Unsworth - unproven massively at this level, biggest risk.
Dyche - not hugely proven at the top level; can he get this team up another level?

The five outstanding candidates for me at the moment are Dyche, Silva, Tuchel, Ancelotti & Unsworth.

He may not be the most fashionable but for me Dyche is most suitable.

Silva - flavour of the month.
Tuchel & Ancelotti - in my eyes, I believe they are waiting for the Arsenal job to come up, Tuchel maybe Bayern at end of year.
Unsworth - unproven massively at this level, biggest risk.
Dyche - not hugely proven at the top level; can he get this team up another level?
Dyche is the most suitable if we want to finish between 7th and 12th every year

I despise all these Dyche shouts. He'd be perfect for us if we were looking to replace Moyes, in the era that Moyes worked for us in. We need a manager now that the superstars that we hope to bring in will listen to, a Manager that demands top wages and has no trouble spending it to improve the squad. A manager who can take on the coaching capacity and introduce fresh ideas. A manager that can coach our players to play 1 touch football would be a dream, rather than every player needing 2 or 3 touches every single time. Also, one who notices that we never receive the ball open any more, we always turn in on the closed side making us far too slow in the build-up.

I know its all about opinions, and i am of the opinion that Tuchel would do a great job for us. He has yet to prove himself in English football however, he's innovative, will stand up to the board, has managed at a level that will command respect, is considered of a level that many outside of Everton would consider a real 'oomph' appointment, isn't going to come in and blow smoke up our anus's but understands the link of football and its fans. He doesn't seem overly aloof.

I'm all in for Tuchel now, I've just convinced myself further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back