Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BK told Unsworth he had the job 'game to game' and if we win, it's all good for him to continue.
Apparently, BK wants the likes of Rhino or Dyche to be next manager.
Moshiri, on the other hand, wants another 'Hollywood' manager (apparently).
Ancelotti or Tuchel are available and won't be hanging around for ages before they get snapped up.
So, who is running the club and should Unsworth be wary of false promises?

It's Unsworth's to lose now. He has been clear in saying he wants the job permanently and at least BK seems to be minded to give it to him, reading between the lines. This most certainly does not seem to be the normal caretaker scenario, though I hope the club are still looking at all options in any case.

FM may need convincing, but if Unsworth does well, surely its his.

I think he will get longer than 4 games, he may get 6-8 weeks before any sort of decision is taken. He could go on in a temporary capacity really until the end of the season though I imagine if he is still in the job by December, they will want to clarify his position for the benefit of everyone, either to confirm he remains in place until May or offer him a longer contract.

It's because I think he will get longer than 4 games, that I think Dyche/Allardyce will come into play then if poor form continues beyond the next few games. If, for example we don't win any of our next 4 league games, then thats a third of the season gone with 2 wins. Worst case scenario obviously but I think at that point the focus shifts more to looking over our shoulders and sorting problems, unfortunately.

I'm not so sure. He always talked as if top ten should be the height of our ambitions.

Not when he first arrived.

With Moyes I do think people should see his time here in two halves - essentially the failure to win the FA Cup in 2009 knocked him into a malaise he never, and has never, really recovered from. Sure, his sides went on to still be pretty handy for us until he left, but he couldn't get over the failure as he saw us then having limited ambitions. It was a failure of character on his part, reinforced by people like Neville and Round regularly putting down the club

Ranieri sacked from last 8 jobs, including Greece after loss to faroe isles! He won the league with Nigel Pearsons team playing Nigel pearson type football, and was totally found out the following year.

Ranieri sacked from last 8 jobs, including Greece after loss to faroe isles! He won the league with Nigel Pearsons team playing Nigel pearson type football, and was totally found out the following year.

Wow! That’s a furtive imagination you’ve got there.

How many trophies has Nigel Pearson won then?

Not when he first arrived.

With Moyes I do think people should see his time here in two halves - essentially the failure to win the FA Cup in 2009 knocked him into a malaise he never, and has never, really recovered from. Sure, his sides went on to still be pretty handy for us until he left, but he couldn't get over the failure as he saw us then having limited ambitions. It was a failure of character on his part, reinforced by people like Neville and Round regularly putting down the club

Indeed. From 2002-2009 he was a good manager for Everton. He built a very good team with limited resources and had us pushing hard at the old 'top 4'. Losing the cup final was a blow as it clearly displayed the gulf in class between us and Chelsea. Later that summer Lescott agitated a move to Man Ciity and it seemed that Moyes saw a stark reality of being overtaken.

He lost heart at that point and it was as evident in his interviews as it was in his football. Sadly, he thought himself deserving of more and we stagnated as a result. 'Late Moyes' was a dour manager constantly excusing his limitations by undermining the expectations of the club. 'Early-mid Moyes' was a good and ambitious manager.

It's Unsworth's to lose now. He has been clear in saying he wants the job permanently and at least BK seems to be minded to give it to him, reading between the lines. This most certainly does not seem to be the normal caretaker scenario, though I hope the club are still looking at all options in any case.

FM may need convincing, but if Unsworth does well, surely its his.

I think he will get longer than 4 games, he may get 6-8 weeks before any sort of decision is taken. He could go on in a temporary capacity really until the end of the season though I imagine if he is still in the job by December, they will want to clarify his position for the benefit of everyone, either to confirm he remains in place until May or offer him a longer contract.

It's because I think he will get longer than 4 games, that I think Dyche/Allardyce will come into play then if poor form continues beyond the next few games. If, for example we don't win any of our next 4 league games, then thats a third of the season gone with 2 wins. Worst case scenario obviously but I think at that point the focus shifts more to looking over our shoulders and sorting problems, unfortunately.

Let's hope it doesn't get to that stage where we need Allardyce!!

Wow! That’s a furtive imagination you’ve got there.

How many trophies has Nigel Pearson won then?

It's a very common assessment of the scene at the time mate:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ty-fans-verdict-nigel-pearson-claudio-ranieri

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...om-boss-Tony-Pulis-ahead-Leicester-clash.html

http://www.newsweek.com/leicester-city-premier-league-tottenham-hotspur-455165

A ranieri team would not have won the title that season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back