Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's plenty who are interested in the job, so the club can take their time if they wish and give Unsworth his chance to impress for the next few weeks. If he makes an impact then the players and fans alike will get behind him being given the opportunity until the end of the season at least.

The money spent is irrelevant, we sacked 2 managers who'd lost the plot, the squad and the fanbase.

Not sure Moshiri (or whoever actually advises him, apart from BK), thinks like that though.
I can't remember us previously sacking 2 managers in under 18 months?

There's plenty who are interested in the job, so the club can take their time if they wish and give Unsworth his chance to impress for the next few weeks. If he makes an impact then the players and fans alike will get behind him being given the opportunity until the end of the season at least.

The money spent is irrelevant, we sacked 2 managers who'd lost the plot, the squad and the fanbase.

Nah, £40m isn't irrelevant. Even for us now that is serious money. Moshiri had run out of patience and we are still in the "short window" he spoke about at the AGM. He's not going to leave the club in the hands of Unsworth.

Nah, £40m isn't irrelevant. Even for us now that is serious money. Moshiri had run out of patience and we are still in the "short window" he spoke about at the AGM. He's not going to leave the club in the hands of Unsworth.
We'll see how it pans out, but I wouldn't rule anything out at this point

Why not try something even more radical...?

How about... no manager!

They're vastly overrated and paid too much money. No need for them.

Pre-vaulting myself, in case it happens and we end up crap again...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/moyes-potential-replacement.53652/page-430#post-1945286

_ItMhq.gif

Can’t see Unsy going more than a handful of games unless he wins them all... I would say that no self respecting businessman would ever make a decision like this without thinking about Day 2. However, Lukakugate has left me wondering.
We have some great talent at our disposal right now its just not delivering so having someone who can get them to deliver is key. I don’t think anyone mentioned so far (and that’s just about everyone in the world) really seems like they are developers of teams who get the best out of players with the exception of Tuchel - who sadly seems beyond our reach, again...

Yup, £40million is pretty much Koeman's entire net spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back