Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't really that many options out there at the moment I don't think.

Unsworth I know is very popular with your fans and could really get the atmosphere back etc. Has he had any experience though?

You may have to look abroad. Your club is a very attractive offer and under the right manager, you've got a squad which should be knocking on the door for the 6th/7th spot in my opinion.

So long as the new manager understands the job description, perhaps Koeman could run it by him on his way out

Club policy;

Sell to buy
Sell our best players to our competitors at a cut price quick cash deal
Take our competitors has -beens as a cheap part exchange deal
Deadline day 11th hour 11th minute busy ourselves trying to sell our second best player rather than try to bring a
stiker in as so desperatly needed and requested by manager
Employ a douch bag ex schoolteacher to share the blame when most transfers go wrong to deflect from the board
Stab our manager in the back on live TV after failing to bring in the most important players he requested

Benitez - can't see why he would swap Newcastle for Everton.
Mancini - just started at Zenit
Villas-Boas - isn't he in China?
Seems to be another living off an inflated reputation based on nothing and looking around for his next pay-day. The new Sven Goran Eriksson.

But it's good to throw out suggestions mate, contributes to discussion as this is a forum. Just can't see any of those being viable.

We're a bigger club than Newcastle and Rafael lives in Caldy. His kids go to St. Bridgets in West Kirby.

That's why he may consider coming here.

A public apology for the small club comment, and he can come win us a trophy.

Out of interest, which part of that 20-year CV of managing the very best talent in world football with a famously laissez-faire approach makes him a good fit for a struggling mid-table side with top-to-bottom squad issues?

Yeah you're absolutely right mate. Who needs Ancelotti when we could get Tony Pulis.

Because if you think, rightly or wrongly, that the fans never really warned to Koeman, imagine the absolute hate Benitez would get when he goes through good first poor spell.

You might be right - He's a winner though. He won the CL with an inherited pile over [Poor language removed] over the road, dragged Newcastle out of probably the toughest league to get out of in the world (granted he had more £££ than everyone else) and has had multiple trophies across Europe.

The man is a gobshite, but a winning gobshite.

You might be right - He's a winner though. He won the CL with an inherited pile over [Poor language removed] over the road, dragged Newcastle out of probably the toughest league to get out of in the world (granted he had more £££ than everyone else) and has had multiple trophies across Europe.

The man is a gobshite, but a winning gobshite.
His football is durge and we've spent a decade calling him a fat Spanish waiter.

Aside from the kopite fume it'd cause I'd hate seeing that blimp on our touchline every other week, no ta.

Don't think you can compare Koeman to Mike Walker tbh. Martinez is an apt comparison to Walker, and many knowledgable Blues made that comparison at the time - two men who just lack basic comprehension of football management. At least Walker had the honesty to be completely over-awed by the job, whereas Martinez was far more insidious.
I get the impression with Koeman that he actually does know the game inside out, it's more of an issue with his man management - he can't communicate to the players in a way that works. Actually takes some skill to make seasoned internationals looks as clueless as this Everton side does.

I say 'get the impression' because bottom line, when things are as badly pear-shaped as they are, we all start projecting negative pictures onto the manager - he's a tyrant, he doesn't get Everton, he's more motivated by his golf handicap etc etc. There's no real evidence for any of it - it just feels like it should be true given how bad things are!

Martinez was a nice guy but obviously out of his depth, that was his one saving grace. Koeman is not remotely likeable. While he isn't necessarily distracted by the golf course (or his skip hire business!), the whole Burnley game stank of "we've had enough of our manager, and we can't be bothered playing for the shirt, because our agents will wangle a move to another top side when Everton drop." or "I can't be bothered because I'm retiring soon". Makes me sick, honestly.

Earlier in this thread, I named a pacy 4-3-3 XI that would die for the shirt under Unsworth. After Leicester won the title, I believe that it all boils down to motivation, nothing else. Yes, money helps, unquestionably, but unless City are secretly investing in Brazilian cyborgs named after a very naughty boy, that can run like the T-1000, then it's just 11 humans against another.

It doesn't matter if you are Lionel Messi or Lionel Richie, if you can't get the ball, YOU CAN'T FRIGGING WIN!!! Just ask AC Milan in the first half of the 1990s or Dynamo Kiev under Maslov. Get in their faces, frustrate them, use the opposition's desperation against them - because that's what Burnley did to us. We have the players to do that, but the 20m+ layabouts we signed are NOT players of such ilk!

Finally, and I know this point needs no further elaboration but WHYYYYYY is Martina actually still playing!!!?? Might be a good idea to keep mentioning it, just in case anyone forgets how much of an actual turd he is.

There isn't really that many options out there at the moment I don't think.

Unsworth I know is very popular with your fans and could really get the atmosphere back etc. Has he had any experience though?

You may have to look abroad. Your club is a very attractive offer and under the right manager, you've got a squad which should be knocking on the door for the 6th/7th spot in my opinion.

pat pat pat pat pat

What on earth is going on with the Sunderland fan rat infestation on here?

pat pat pat pat pat

What on earth is going on with the Sunderland fan rat infestation on here?

Bit harsh referring to us as rats mate. I can't speak for others but I joined as I have a lot of time for your club for the whole Bradley situation. I've adopted Everton as my 2nd team sort of thing. Much prefer you over the Reds! Always shout for you in the Merseyside Derby. Still remember Andy Johnson getting a brace (if I remember) and Goodison was rocking.

I'm on a Sunderland forum (Ready to go) and I've been keeping an eye on this forum as it's very well ran (I like how the mods cut the swearing out of posts) and I want to see your club do well. I'd like to contribute to the forum, meet new people have engage in debate.

I apologise if you thought my post about your manager was patronising or condescending it was meant in good faith. You're a big club, with a team of international players in every department and should be doing better. That's all I meant?

Obviously, Sunderland are struggling too (struggling is being kind) so I'm gutted how it's going. So, just wanted a bit of a moan and to talk to a few Everton fans.

Nothing wrong with that is there? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back