Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh referring to us as rats mate. I can't speak for others but I joined as I have a lot of time for your club for the whole Bradley situation. I've adopted Everton as my 2nd team sort of thing. Much prefer you over the Reds! Always shout for you in the Merseyside Derby. Still remember Andy Johnson getting a brace (if I remember) and Goodison was rocking.

I'm on a Sunderland forum (Ready to go) and I've been keeping an eye on this forum as it's very well ran (I like how the mods cut the swearing out of posts) and I want to see your club do well. I'd like to contribute to the forum, meet new people have engage in debate.

I apologise if you thought my post about your manager was patronising or condescending it was meant in good faith. You're a big club, with a team of international players in every department and should be doing better. That's all I meant?

Obviously, Sunderland are struggling too (struggling is being kind) so I'm gutted how it's going. So, just wanted a bit of a moan and to talk to a few Everton fans.

Nothing wrong with that is there? :(

No, you're carting over the cliff towards oblivion - League One (highly likely) possibly even administration.

We're in Europe - albeit not looking good - and have got 7 points from 7 games , hardly stellar, but a weird run of fixtures. Oh, and still (at time of writing ) in the League Cup.

There's a reason why your lot in the Sunderland thread (a Sunderland thread ffs) say things like 'expecting another defeat this weekend' while our fans, well those who haven't swallowed Sunderland fan patronising in a big grateful gulp, fumed about Moshiri's 'unexpected loss' comment.

Where has the resilience gone in our lads ffs. We're not Sunderland.

I've adopted Everton as my 2nd team sort of thing. Much prefer you over the Reds! Always shout for you in the Merseyside Derby

Who cares? I'd rather everyone spat bile at their TV as it showed us collecting the Cup for the third season in a row. Not a huge leap from empathy to sympathy.

Still remember Andy Johnson getting a brace (if I remember) and Goodison was rocking.

So you do remember, or you don't remember?

I if Korean goes and we have to pay serious compo, then trust me, the next manager will be the cheapest possible.

No, you're carting over the cliff towards oblivion - League One (highly likely) possibly even administration.

We're in Europe - albeit not looking good - and have got 7 points from 7 games , hardly stellar, but a weird run of fixtures. Oh, and still (at time of writing ) in the League Cup.

There's a reason why your lot in the Sunderland thread (a Sunderland thread ffs) say things like 'expecting another defeat this weekend' while our fans, well those who haven't swallowed Sunderland fan patronising in a big grateful gulp, fumed about Moshiri's 'unexpected loss' comment.

Where has the resilience gone in our lads ffs. We're not Sunderland.

Who cares? I'd rather everyone spat bile at their TV as it showed us collecting the Cup for the third season in a row. Not a huge leap from empathy to sympathy.

So you do remember, or you don't remember?

Jesus you really don't like us do you? At what point, have I made a statement that compares our contrasting fortunes? I simply said we're both going through bad time. Of course, it's on a completely different level. I've never seen us in Europe, you're in Europe know and you've spent god knows how many years in the top flight. I know how bad we are. I've had a season ticket for 10 years. I've had nothing but positive things to say about Everton and for some reason you've become the aggressor going on the attack. Generalising fans as "rats" and taking cheap shots about our woes. Of course we could enter administration and I'm absolutely devastated how far we've fallen.

I don't think we'll end up in league 1 but I concede it's a possibility.

As for your snide comment about the Everton v Liverpool game, I remember the game, I'm confident Johnson got 2 but I didn't commit fully as I can't remember. I remember him taking the ball from Reina when he tried to catch it and made a balls-up and I enjoyed it.

You're hard work. Apologies again if I've caused offence?

Last edited:

Anyone who wants Unsworth as the next manager needs their head testing. Winning the U23's is not proof in any way that you can manage at the top level. Warren Joyce, Rene Meulensteen, Mike Phelan are all examples of how a successful youth system can mask the managerial abilities of a coach.

In no way is that a dig at Unsworth either, he just isn't ready to be a manager at a club that wants to try and break into the top 6

Anyone who wants Unsworth as the next manager needs their head testing. Winning the U23's is not proof in any way that you can manage at the top level. Warren Joyce, Rene Meulensteen, Mike Phelan are all examples of how a successful youth system can mask the managerial abilities of a coach.

In no way is that a dig at Unsworth either, he just isn't ready to be a manager at a club that wants to try and break into the top 6

Think you can forget about those wishes for another season mate, absolutely no hope in hell of improving on last season with our current lack of options wide and upfront.

On the contrary it might be the perfect time for Unsworth, an untried and untested top division manager as you point out, to take over. The fans are depressed, he would get everyone's full support immediately and that understanding would carry through poor slumps were it wouldn't for a Tuchel/Ancelotti type who we'd expect results from immediately. He'd likely put a lot of faith in youngsters who he knows well, Kenny and Holgate would likely freeze Martina and Williams out of the team and maybe the new signings would benefit as well due to there being less pressure.

All guess work however as I'm sure Koeman will be here for a while yet.

What Evertonian would select Moyes? Jesus wept - the man tried to humiliate us and showed ZERO respect. He felt he was bigger than Everton - now look at him. The only manager job he can get would be of a local Netto

He really doesn't mate lol

It's the Evening Toffees Patting that I don't like, and they're the worst offenders.

Why can't oppo fans do like we have done on West Ham / Southampton forums and go and lay it on when we win?

pumped_kid.gif

Time for some crushing.

What Evertonian would select Moyes? Jesus wept - the man tried to humiliate us and showed ZERO respect. He felt he was bigger than Everton - now look at him. The only manager job he can get would be of a local Netto
Looking at the results and 43 people have voted for him.

A young Moyes perhaps, unbogged down with the hubris of having to manage a team of no money and permitted to get away with lowering of expectations for far too long - him maybe. But after the serial failings at United, Real Socidad, Sunderland and in the cold light of day, us - never!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back