Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got red hair but we don't care, Davey Davey Moyes
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25655-1368908584-19.gif

You might be right - He's a winner though. He won the CL with an inherited pile over [Poor language removed] over the road, dragged Newcastle out of probably the toughest league to get out of in the world (granted he had more £££ than everyone else) and has had multiple trophies across Europe.

The man is a gobshite, but a winning gobshite.
all this is true, very true.
Especially the last bit.
I don't mind gobshites per se...yeah he might be a gobshite but he's OUR gobshite etc

Rafael will ALWAYS be 'small club Rafael' and ' a rs gobshite Rafael'

So for that reason - I'm out.

I if Korean goes and we have to pay serious compo, then trust me, the next manager will be the cheapest possible.
depends what you mean by serious compo.
Koemans oft quoted 6M will, I'm sure, given that the Accountant in Moshiri will have set it all up, must only be a Maximum (but yeah I know, this is still Everton here) with allsorts of so much for this league position, cup round group stage etc.
If I was driving the bus, only Koeman would be initially thrown off...Unsworth will be asked if he can work with Erwin? if not, he goes too.
Erwin and the rest would have the offer to stay, buy in to the new regime, do your jobs, hit your KPI's etc. because I'm NOT PAYING ANY MORE COMPO - or quit.

depends what you mean by serious compo.
Koemans oft quoted 6M will, I'm sure, given that the Accountant in Moshiri will have set it all up, must only be a Maximum (but yeah I know, this is still Everton here) with allsorts of so much for this league position, cup round group stage etc.
If I was driving the bus, only Koeman would be initially thrown off...Unsworth will be asked if he can work with Erwin? if not, he goes too.
Erwin and the rest would have the offer to stay, buy in to the new regime, do your jobs, hit your KPI's etc. because I'm NOT PAYING ANY MORE COMPO - or quit.
What does he do in bold -at least Steve Round looked important with earphones in - this guy never utters a word is he Rk's caddy on the golf course is that what we are paying for?...........

What does he do in bold -at least Steve Round looked important with earphones in - this guy never utters a word is he Rk's caddy on the golf course is that what we are paying for?...........
There is that too - the whole point is Compo is kept to a minimum.
Hardball
Koeman goes and not with the full 6M per annum, He's probably got 10M at the full rate but we would hope that the 6M was a Maximum if all targets are met. The way we are atm no targets seem to have been met, he may pay us out he's that far behind the curve.
Anybody else he brought in can stay providing the do a good job...if they fall behind, the old management stand by of verbal warnings Re performance, then written, then sorry mate your a gonner.
#No 'kin Compo.

There is that too - the whole point is Compo is kept to a minimum.
Hardball
Koeman goes and not with the full 6M per annum, He's probably got 10M at the full rate but we would hope that the 6M was a Maximum if all targets are met. The way we are atm no targets seem to have been met, he may pay us out he's that far behind the curve.
Anybody else he brought in can stay providing the do a good job...if they fall behind, the old management stand by of verbal warnings Re performance, then written, then sorry mate your a gonner.
#No 'kin Compo.
Rk has nearly 2 seasons left 18 months or so - the compo will be higher than what you are stating!

Unsworth will be given the job short term if Koeman gets sacked. If he gets a few wins he'd be given it until the end of the season.

The important thing to do (if he didn't get the job on a permanent basis) would be to get him out of the club after a new manager is brought in. Reserve/youth coaches are often very popular figures around the training ground. This is because they love the club and have often been there for a number of years/have been an ex player (e.g. Unsworth). This is also because they don't have to make the tough decisions.

If he doesn't get it he needs to go and get experience elsewhere. To be honest I think half the reason he's still hanging around is that he's waiting for another chance with the 1st team. I'm sure he could've got a lower league job by now given what he's done with the u23s and what he's done for our young 1st team players. He would probably get results short term (like Shakespeare with Leicester) but long term I'm not sure he's what we need. If he went back to the u23s the players would always have the temptation in the back of their mind that they can just down tools again and get unsworth back.

It would be far too optimistic to think Everton would already have someone they want before sacking. That's not the way we work. Most other clubs would currently be sounding people out but we won't. It's not necessarily the right moral thing to do but it's what any ambitious club should do.

Wilder would be a good bet for me. Ok, no prem experience but if he can set a team up he'd be better than Koeman currently is. Wouldn't cost the earth either so if it didn't work out by May we could just move him on for a relatively low compensation package.

The most bizarre post ive read today...

I don't know where to start....

Rk has nearly 2 seasons left 18 months or so - the compo will be higher than what you are stating!
6M per year (Max) less short fall due to not making targets.
20 months
10M (Max) - again less the bonuses that bring it up to the 6M p.a. because he hasn't and won't if he's not here earn them.

I'm almost at the point of thinking we could have stayed with bobby, saved ourselves 30 odd mil in compo and signing new managers and more compo, and probably been in a better position.

HOW MADS THAAAA !

can we have one that:-

- spends most of his time on the training ground organising and preparing the team
- spends time watching the academy teams
- strikes a balance between a quick fix and developing high performance U23 players for transition to the 1st team
- picks an unchanged team for a while
- selects the right tactics
- is respected by the players till the end of his contract

The most bizarre post ive read today...

I don't know where to start....
Vaguest criticism I've received in a long time.

I do know where to start...

It's just some thoughts about the next possible manager. That's all. It also covers the unsworth situation. It's partly ranting as well.

I think Koeman will be given time though and will turn things around (a bit).

We'll see though I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back