Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose Prestons manager these days?

alex neil.

no effing thank you.

if we were to look at anyone from a lower division , then chris wilder would be the only option. his win % over the last 3 years rivals anyone in European football. so he obv knows how to set teams up to win, all over 3 different divisions.

Given Bill's continued involvement, and the fact that Koeman is a busted flush but will be given the next four games, by November I reckon Davey could start to look a not bad option to just guarantee that we stay in the division. i could see him being given an 18 month contract, quite easily. he knows half the players, and he would keep us up

Given Bill's continued involvement, and the fact that Koeman is a busted flush but will be given the next four games, by November I reckon Davey could start to look a not bad option to just guarantee that we stay in the division. i could see him being given an 18 month contract, quite easily. he knows half the players, and he would keep us up
No no

And no.

like he did at Sunderland.

yeah ok

like he did at Sunderland.

yeah ok
Sunderland was a hospital pass, and must be weighed against the ten years top 6 finishes with us. I'm not saying it would be my preferred solution, just that we are going to be in a world of pain by November and him coming back might not seem so crazy by then

I think Unsworth will have to come into consideration if RK were to leave the club.

I would like to see him as assistant to an older more experienced manager for a couple of seasons to learn the ropes and to see if he has the ability needed.

I can’t believe you melts want unsworth as manager

We’re competing for Europe and you want a manager with zero experience to come in.

Get a grip, and get rid of your small club mentality
As an interim manager he's be fine. I don't think people want him long term unless he really impresses. Would be a shrewd move by the board in the sense that he won't ask for eleventy billion dollhairs

I can’t believe you melts want unsworth as manager

We’re competing for Europe and you want a manager with zero experience to come in.

Get a grip, and get rid of your small club mentality

Guardiola and Zidane both went straight to the 1st team from their respective B teams at Barca and Madrid

Not saying Unsworth would be in that class, but they were highly thought of and given a chance at far bigger clubs than us

Unsworth will be given the job short term if Koeman gets sacked. If he gets a few wins he'd be given it until the end of the season.

The important thing to do (if he didn't get the job on a permanent basis) would be to get him out of the club after a new manager is brought in. Reserve/youth coaches are often very popular figures around the training ground. This is because they love the club and have often been there for a number of years/have been an ex player (e.g. Unsworth). This is also because they don't have to make the tough decisions.

If he doesn't get it he needs to go and get experience elsewhere. To be honest I think half the reason he's still hanging around is that he's waiting for another chance with the 1st team. I'm sure he could've got a lower league job by now given what he's done with the u23s and what he's done for our young 1st team players. He would probably get results short term (like Shakespeare with Leicester) but long term I'm not sure he's what we need. If he went back to the u23s the players would always have the temptation in the back of their mind that they can just down tools again and get unsworth back.

It would be far too optimistic to think Everton would already have someone they want before sacking. That's not the way we work. Most other clubs would currently be sounding people out but we won't. It's not necessarily the right moral thing to do but it's what any ambitious club should do.

Wilder would be a good bet for me. Ok, no prem experience but if he can set a team up he'd be better than Koeman currently is. Wouldn't cost the earth either so if it didn't work out by May we could just move him on for a relatively low compensation package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back