Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No real good choices, and Martin O’Neill made me laugh out loud!

..I agree, I suppose early-season isn’t the best time to change manager anyway because of availability. Silva at Watford would be a consideration, mainly for nearly keeping Hull up last season but it’s hard to see the likes of him ditching his new club already.

It wouldn’t surprise me if contenders are already being discussed and individuals sounded out but Unsworth as a short-term appointment must be a possibility given the timing.

I don't think for one moment any of these would be chosen as our next manager,except perhaps Unsworth as caretaker.
Here 10 IMO I think would jump at the chance to manage here. If this was the only one available who would you pick?. By the way I was bored so I wrote this.

1.Unsworth
2.Coleman
3.Big Sam
4.Pardew
5.Moyes
6.Harry
7.Royle (perhaps he wouldn't fancy it again)
8.Giggs
9.G Neville
10.Cahill (just to make up the numbers)
With Peter Schmeichel in goal?

You were bored. Get a hobby! :p

I don't think for one moment any of these would be chosen as our next manager,except perhaps Unsworth as caretaker.
Here 10 IMO I think would jump at the chance to manage here. If this was the only one available who would you pick?. By the way I was bored so I wrote this.

1.Unsworth
2.Coleman
3.Big Sam
4.Pardew
5.Moyes
6.Harry
7.Royle (perhaps he wouldn't fancy it again)
8.Giggs
9.G Neville
10.Cahill (just to make up the numbers)

metalocalypse_cc_303_pt2-03.jpg

There is nothing, and I mean nothing thats funny about that list.

Moyes wouldn't be a terrible appointment.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but he wouldn't. We're in much better shape than when he left.

I'm also cautious of managers whose hearts aren't in.

See Koeman - alarm bells started ringing as soon as he only penned a bumper three year deal. Three years? [Poor language removed] off.

..can’t see Moyes returning to the hot seat but if there’s a wholesale change then he could be a decent DoF given his eye for a player.

I was saying Moyes for DOF when we first started looking for them.
(1) He set up the best analytics department in the country with us.
(2) His scouting record and recruitment was excellent particularly for defenders - we had Stones, Dier, Mustafi and Manolos either signed or almost signed in his time here. Add in Coleman, Jags, Lescott, Coleman and you have the best defenders we've had in years.
(3) His work on improving our infrastructure was excellent with the Finch Farm project and the academy structure.
(4) His eye for detail on fitness and sports science was ahead of his time.

I think his time as a first team manager is over but he'd make an excellent DOF.

Couple him with a modern tactician and energetic manager and you'd have a great team.

(2) His scouting record and recruitment was excellent particularly for defenders - we had Stones, Dier, Mustafi and Manolos either signed or almost signed in his time here. Add in Coleman, Jags, Lescott, Coleman and you have the best defenders we've had in years.
(3) His work on improving our infrastructure was excellent with the Finch Farm project and the academy structure.

I think his time as a first team manager is over but he'd make an excellent DOF.

Couple him with a modern tactician and energetic manager and you'd have a great team.

Agree with all of that actually.

I don't think he'd be interested in the role though, I think given the chance to return as manager he would jump at it.

Certainly a good shout.

I think after the United humiliation and the Sunderland debacle, including the media storm over his attempt at humouring a female reporter, his days as a top level manager are over.

He may feel he has unfinished business with us and as a director of football, if he still has that desire to succeed and find quality players, he could be fantastic.

If Koeman did go I wouldn't want Unsworth as a stop gap until the end of season. I think he will be a good manager for us one day but I'd worried with this team/squad he would struggle too, and that would blot his copybook.
You would either give him 3/4 years to build something or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back