Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was saying Moyes for DOF when we first started looking for them.
(1) He set up the best analytics department in the country with us.
(2) His scouting record and recruitment was excellent particularly for defenders - we had Stones, Dier, Mustafi and Manolos either signed or almost signed in his time here. Add in Coleman, Jags, Lescott, Coleman and you have the best defenders we've had in years.
(3) His work on improving our infrastructure was excellent with the Finch Farm project and the academy structure.
(4) His eye for detail on fitness and sports science was ahead of his time.

I think his time as a first team manager is over but he'd make an excellent DOF.

Couple him with a modern tactician and energetic manager and you'd have a great team.

1: He never, Big Sam led the way in his his and the rest of the country followed.

2: He had Stones, Dier, Mustafi and Duffy but refused to play them all which led or would have led to them all leaving us to go on to fulfill there amazing potential under different managers.

3: I don’t really see it as any different to anywhere else. I’ve commented in the past frequently how Finch Farm is behind a lot of training grounds, despite what we are brainwashed to believe and isn’t even top 10 in this country for facilities.

4: See point 1, Big Sam led the way in this area a by a mile.

For me, Moyes was too much of a ditherer to be a DOF, you need a doer, someone who’s very proactive and makes things happen for that role.

1: He never, Big Sam led the way in his his and the rest of the country followed.

2: He had Stones, Dier, Mustafi and Duffy but refused to play them all which led or would have led to them all leaving us to go on to fulfill there amazing potential under different managers.

3: I don’t really see it as any different to anywhere else. I’ve commented in the past frequently how Finch Farm is behind a lot of training grounds, despite what we are brainwashed to believe and isn’t even top 10 in this country for facilities.

For me, Moyes was too much of a ditherer to be a DOF, you need a doer, someone who’s very proactive and makes things happen for that role.

Moyes ain't good enough at dealing with people to be a DOF

Can you tell me more about that Finch Farm bit mate?

How so mate?

Would anyone consider Chris Coleman?I know international football is a different animal but I'm impressed by his ability to switch tactics and forge team spirit.

Coleman basically has a year off now.

I can see him being offered a few decent jobs.West Ham maybe?

Big Sam w

Can we refer to it by its proper name please ....... `Usmanov Finch Farm` ....

Moyes is finished.

I never want to see him anywhere near Everton again.

Couldn't wait to leave for United and Bill's so stupid he paid him at the same time.

He's a prehistoric dinosaur.

Moyes was really good for us when we had him, but we have moved on from that sort of thing and progressed from talking us down and overachieving to talking us up and underachieving...

We no longer claim to bring a knife to a gunfight against the best teams in the country like City whilst simultaneously stuffing a gun down our kecks... We now claim we are one of the best teams in the country but capitulate to everyone, arming ourselves instead with a rolled up magazine..

We no longer worry about considering carefully who we should go for, unlocking quality that fits the team, we just buy any name we can attract for daft money and cram them into midfield.

We no longer frustratingly talk like we are the underdogs... we just are.

At least we no longer have to listen to people claiming we were overacheiving I guess. I know that annoyed a few people.

No more boring 1-0 wins as well... As if we could score a goal lol

Moyes was good for us, but to be honest I wouldn't want him back, it would be a massive backwards move, but his time here is still massively underrated and he's twice the manager the two that have succeeded him have been. Not that that is saying much.

Can you enlighten us on your thoughts about Finch Farm not being in the top ten training grounds in the country mate ?.

My lad has played at Liverpool's new training ground and FF is certainly much better.

Admittedly Man Citehs and Man U's are better, but you'd expect that from two of the richest clubs in the world.

I was just wondering how many traing grounds you've been to ?

Seriously

I would like Unsworth supported by Reid or vice versa.

This club does better with ex players at the helm.

They get the club, it's fans and know the expectations.
The team won't lack the passion and pride it does now.

Seriously

I would like Unsworth supported by Reid or vice versa.

This club does better with ex players at the helm.

They get the club, it's fans and know the expectations.
The team won't lack the passion and pride it does now.

Evertonian's attach way to much credit to sentimentality.

We're trying to get back to where we all agree this club needs to be and there's people clambering for Unsworth with zero top flight managerial experience being talked up as the best solution.

We want to attract the best and win things, David Unsworth is not the answer for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back