Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously

I would like Unsworth supported by Reid or vice versa.

This club does better with ex players at the helm.

They get the club, it's fans and know the expectations.
The team won't lack the passion and pride it does now.

It should be about how good they are as a manager not if they once played for us, put it this way if Reid and Rhino had never played for Everton would you want those two doing the job now? I dont think so.
To be honest I was happy with Koeman but I think one reason could be because he was such a great player and known all over the world it might of deluded me, however great players dont always make good managers, Alan Ball being a old example.
I think it is just a coincidence that the only manager who has won something for Everton in living memory for a lot of younger blues, once played for us, mainly because the rest have either been shocking IE Mike Walker and Martinez or the set up at the time was such a mess just staying up was a victory in Smiths case.

Unsworth might be a good shout, but I'd prefer it if he could be an assistant, at the top level, for a season or two, before being thrown into the deep end.

Having said that, unless we have a huge Christmas transfer window, this season is going to be memorable; but for all the wrong reasons. Unless there is a lot of money spent, it won't matter who the manager is.

Don't know if it's been shared or mentioned somewhere already on the forum but there's an article in the Mail with Moyes and he sounds like he's hinting at coming back here or trying to talk himself into the job lol

If this run of bad form turns into an all-out slump and we end getting rid of Koeman, I guarantee that Moyes, or an equally underwhelming candidate such as Iain Dowie, will succeed the Dutchman.

Can you enlighten us on your thoughts about Finch Farm not being in the top ten training grounds in the country mate ?.

My lad has played at Liverpool's new training ground and FF is certainly much better.

Admittedly Man Citehs and Man U's are better, but you'd expect that from two of the richest clubs in the world.

I was just wondering how many traing grounds you've been to ?
The guy sat next to me at work has a lad who was just going through the paces of joining an academy. He was offered a couple of places, but the big north west 4 were all sniffing around. He and his kid are united fans. City is streets ahead, with only Everton being anywhere close. He was not overly impressed with the set up at United or Liverpool.

Now I have no experience of any other grounds or any input from anyone I know, but I somehow doubt that these 4 teams are not fairly representative of the elite teams in England, and if the are, Everton would appear to be doing well. Obviously there is always room to improve, but from my limited contacts, it appears that Everton are doing well with the set up behind the 1st team.

Can you tell me more about that Finch Farm bit mate?

How so mate?

Can you enlighten us on your thoughts about Finch Farm not being in the top ten training grounds in the country mate ?.

My lad has played at Liverpool's new training ground and FF is certainly much better.

Admittedly Man Citehs and Man U's are better, but you'd expect that from two of the richest clubs in the world.

I was just wondering how many traing grounds you've been to ?

My son is an academy player for a cat 1 club so over the last 5 years I've been to virtually them all, at least everyone in the top 2 divisions and I spent years training at City's old and new training grounds, Platt Lane, Carrington and now The EDS. I also spent a lot of time at Liverpool's academy, ours and The AON training complex.

We just lack facilities in comparison to all the top clubs. It looks nice enough but the facilities are some way below those of the elite clubs and the quality is considerably lower than those of these clubs.

For example, we have no full size indoor trying facility, not one. When questioned on this the excuse we play in all conditions so we train in all conditions is used but in reality good conditions facilitate better quality training. There is no point standing around discussing things on a wind swept, frost filled, back field at USMFF in -3 on a Monday morning in the middle of January whilst everyone else is doing good quality training in more comfortable conditions.

All the top clubs have these indoor pitches, bar the RS who are moving and developing a training ground that will have it. City actually have 6 of them and they can adjust the temperature in them to suit the conditions of the environment they are going to play in. They can have it humid or cold.

Then we can go on to the gym, the pool both of which are massively below the size / quality / facilities offered by other clubs.

We have no covered viewing / sitting areas although this is being addressed it's being done on the cheap with something like they have a Walton Hall Sports Centre being built, just to tick a box.

The following clubs all have considerably better trying grounds than us, in the order which I rate them:

Spurs Lodge (the best trying ground I've been)
City
England (St. George's Park)
Arsenal
Chelsea
United
Southampton
Southampton

Many other clubs are on a par with us such as Villa, Swansea, West Brom, Newcastle.

The premier league use some universities for premier league tournaments, such as Warwick. IMO they have better facilities than USMFF.

Last edited:
My son is an academy player for a cat 1 club so over the last 5 years I've been to virtually them all, at least everyone in the top 2 divisions and I spent years training at City's old and new training grounds, Platt Lane, Carrington and now The EDS. I also spent a lot of time at Liverpool's academy, ours and The AON training complex.

We just lack facilities in comparison to all the top clubs. It looks nice enough but the facilities are some way below those of the elite clubs and the quality is considerably lower than those of these clubs.

For example, we have no full size indoor trying facility, not one. When questioned on this the excuse we play in all conditions so we train in all conditions is used but in reality good conditions facilitate better quality training. There is no point standing around discussing things on a wind swept, frost filled, back field at USMFF in -3 on a Monday morning in the middle of January whilst everyone else is doing good quality training in more comfortable conditions.

All the top clubs have these indoor pitches, bar the RS who are moving and developing a training ground that will have it. City actually have 6 of them and they can adjust the temperature in them to suit the conditions of the environment they are going to play in. They can have it humid or cold.

Then we can go on to the gym, the pool both of which are massively below the size / quality / facilities offered by other clubs.

We have no covered viewing / sitting areas although this is being addressed it's being done on the cheap with something like they have a Walton Hall Sports Centre being built, just to tick a box.

The following clubs all have considerably better trying grounds than us, in the order which I rate them:

Spurs Lodge (the best trying ground I've been)
City
England (St. George's Park)
Arsenal
Chelsea
United
Southampton
Southampton

Many other clubs are on a par with us such as Villa, Swansea, West Brom, Newcastle.

The premier league use some universities for premier league tournaments, such as Warwick. IMO they have better facilities than USMFF.

Fair enough mate. I thought we did have indoor bits though as you see it on training vids and stuff?

Fair enough mate. I thought we did have indoor bits though as you see it on training vids and stuff?

We do mate but it’s not a full pitch, it’s only just over a half pitch in size, has poor viewing and is not the high quality surface available now.

We do mate but it’s not a full pitch, it’s only just over a half pitch in size, has poor viewing and is not the high quality surface available now.

My lads played on this too, as cannon fodder for the Academy kids, so I know what you're talking about.

I'm not being picky, but out of the teams you name with better facilitates than us, the only one that surprises me is Southampton ( which you've named twice ? ).

The rest I would expect to have better training facilities than us.

We're still playing catch up, so I'm sure that FF is in a constant state of evolving.

I know from my mate who works there, that Koeman has implemented quite a few changes since he's been there ?

My lads played on this too, as cannon fodder for the Academy kids, so I know what you're talking about.

I'm not being picky, but out of the teams you name with better facilitates than us, the only one that surprises me is Southampton ( which you've named twice ? ).

The rest I would expect to have better training facilities than us.

We're still playing catch up, so I'm sure that FF is in a constant state of evolving.

I know from my mate who works there, that Koeman has implemented quite a few changes since he's been there ?

I did mean to write Sunderland, not Southampton twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back