Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton2000andbore at his usual worst mein frandel

Anyway Dyche, not inspiring but I think we may warm to him

Going straight to the top of the Index here, but F it.

Heard from a lad who is a cabbie, who has a long standing contract with the club, that Allardyce was at Finch Farm yesterday and it's a done deal until the end of the season.

I'll take my punishment accordingly.

Heard from a lad who is a cabbie, who has a long standing contract with the club, that Allardyce was at Finch Farm yesterday and it's a done deal until the end of the season.

Even if you're right, I'll still boo you for bringing that little gem!:p

Hope they have plenty of lube in Wooltonshire.....you're gonna need it :oops:

Directly against Mr @tommye mein frandel

Should be out of Benitez, Fonseca, Silva or Tuchel and we’re talking about Allardyce and Dyche, what is the point? Our squad even without a striker is still better than at least 10 teams in the league and whoever comes in will have 27 games with Barkley, Coleman and Bolasie to come back with January to get the players we need. If it’s Allardyce or Dyche that comes in we’re all wasting our time. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum:mad:

Short memory?

If, as some believe we are actually in a relegation fight, who out of the managers linked is best equipped to deal with it?

Dyche - his team was relegated
Moyes - his team was relegated
Silva - his team was relegated (impossible job though, so waivered?)
Sam A - his team was... oh no, surely not!!

I hate to say it, but Big Sam makes more sense than any of the other candidates.

In fairness to Dyche, though, his relegation was quite a while back.

I hate to say it, but Big Sam makes more sense than any of the other candidates.

In fairness to Dyche, though, his relegation was quite a while back.

The thought of Sam A being our manager though! Makes me feel a bit queasy.

Season before last for Dyche, so not that long ago?
The shortlist isn't really exciting is it?

Replacing managers can be hard, lets be honest gong back a long way its not worked out well too many times, 3rd time lucky maybe with United and Jose, lets hope our third replacement for Moyes works out

Yes but he's playing that football with Burnley's squad. Which, on paper at least, is not in the same league as ours. If he can get our team ticking, we'll be alright. Note how, with a 0-0 on the cards, he threw caution to the wind and threw on two strikers which led to the win. Beats being down in a game and bringing on a DM doesn't it?

The thing is, he won't be able to do that here, because we haven't got two strikers to throw on.

Phil Kirkbride in the red rag, towing the company line, and waxing lyrically about how Big Sam should be our next manager.I wonder if Liverpool were in the bottom three instead of us, would the Kopite correspondents that write for that paper like James Pearce and Andy Kelly, be writing an article like that i wonder?
Whatever happens, anyone who supports a team that appointed Hodgson should keep their opinions to themselves. They won't, though.

I keep thinking Big Sam would be better than Moyes, then remember that during his time here, Moyes's teams outperformed Sam's teams practically every year on similar shoestring budgets. . Look what you are doing to me Everton!

We must avoid this short-term thinking when appointing the new manager.

The possibility of relegation, at this stage in the season, should NOT be a consideration when deciding on the manager.

Reasons:

• We have TWENTY-EIGHT league matches left to play. i.e. a possible 84 points left to play for.

• We have the January transfer window to invest in the players required to balance the squad and turn this around.

• There are worse teams than us in the division: Crystal Palace, Swansea, West Brom, West Ham, Bournemouth.

• We have some very good players in the squad (Pickford, Coleman, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Bolasie) who would walk into most teams.

If we appoint with the short-term in mind, we'll only end up looking for another new manager at the end of the season. That would then be FIVE managers since Moyes.

I always took pride in the fact that we were different as a club; that we looked for long-term, sustainable success rather than the quick fix.

I hope that we see past this sticky situation we find ourselves in at present and look to the long-term when picking the new boss.

We must avoid this short-term thinking when appointing the new manager.

The possibility of relegation, at this stage in the season, should NOT be a consideration when deciding on the manager.

Reasons:

We have TWENTY-EIGHT league matches left to play. i.e. a possible 84 points left to play for.

• We have the January transfer window to invest in the players required to balance the squad and turn this around.

• There are worse teams than us in the division: Crystal Palace, Swansea, West Brom, West Ham, Bournemouth.

• We have some very good players in the squad (Pickford, Coleman, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Bolasie) who would walk into most teams.

If we appoint with the short-term in mind, we'll only end up looking for another new manager at the end of the season. That would then be FIVE managers since Moyes.

I always took pride in the fact that we were different as a club; that we looked for long-term, sustainable success rather than the quick fix.

I hope that we see past this sticky situation we find ourselves in at present and look to the long-term when picking the new boss.

We're gonna win the league !! Get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back