Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those not wanting Big Sam can u explain to me the difference between Jose style and Sam style it’s exactly the same only Jose looks better because he’s been a bigger clubs and has better players at the top end of the pitch both always look for clean sheets first then go from there

Because fat Sam is a crook who leaves a cancer behind which kills clubs after he's moved on mate.

He could play the same style as Guardiola and wouldn't want him near our club.

If, as some believe we are actually in a relegation fight, who out of the managers linked is best equipped to deal with it?

Dyche - his team was relegated
Moyes - his team was relegated
Silva - his team was relegated (impossible job though, so waivered?)
Sam A - his team was... oh no, surely not!!
We are a club of many firsts...

If we win today there will be five teams below us, despite us playing all the hard teams. Let's not press the Dyche or Fat Sam panic button just yet.

This is how I look at it, the fact that the board are in the bunker with their tin helmets on is a worrying sign, any decent manager with a know how for tactics would turn this around, cool heads were and are needed during this period for the club, doesn't look like they've got one between them

We must avoid this short-term thinking when appointing the new manager.

The possibility of relegation, at this stage in the season, should NOT be a consideration when deciding on the manager.

Reasons:

• We have TWENTY-EIGHT league matches left to play. i.e. a possible 84 points left to play for.

• We have the January transfer window to invest in the players required to balance the squad and turn this around.

• There are worse teams than us in the division: Crystal Palace, Swansea, West Brom, West Ham, Bournemouth.

• We have some very good players in the squad (Pickford, Coleman, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Bolasie) who would walk into most teams.

If we appoint with the short-term in mind, we'll only end up looking for another new manager at the end of the season. That would then be FIVE managers since Moyes.

I always took pride in the fact that we were different as a club; that we looked for long-term, sustainable success rather than the quick fix.

I hope that we see past this sticky situation we find ourselves in at present and look to the long-term when picking the new boss.

I agree of you, but it is middle of the season, most of the managers are not willing to come this time. This is the reason that only Dyche and Big Sam is favorite by the bookies, absence of Tuchel and Ancelotti, we have no choice, we can find better manager at the season end, therefore short term manager is not a fault. If only Dyche, Big Sam and Moyes to choose, Moyes is willing to accept 6 month contract, I absolutely choose him instead of the other two. Big Sam want 2.5 years contract with extra bonus and I don't think Dyche is better than Moyes.

Looks like Sam has been at the club this week. We're clearly in negotiation with him and Dyche.

"Chris Sutton has claimed on BT Sport that Everton are close to appointing Sam Allardyce as their new manager.

The pundit and former Celtic striker revealed that he had “heard from a good source” that the experienced manager, 63, was at the Merseysiders’ training ground this week in a major development in their search for a new manager."

There are many that trust in WRD and he reckons its Sam Allardice.
This is your post that said WRD reckons its Sam Allardyce

WRD only said we met him, he set out his terms and we weren't happy with them, that's a long way from your conclusion.

Of course he's in the frame, its seems very much a two horse race and naturally we would talk but you have said WRD reckons its Sam which is completely wrong and he has never said this - he last posted last Tuesday

My gut says allardyce as it was very public his comments about coming here. Almost out of the blue , no pun intended. Of all the managers in the world it was out of place to be talking about the job unless we wanted him.

Dyche does seem to be lazy journalism clinging into everything as a confirmation of him.

Between the two one seems to be wanting the job and the other is not even arsed, so it would be odd for the latter to get it. Moyes just whoring himself out to us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back