• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take sam.

Even short term he will get the defence sorted and hopefully something to build upon ala Martinez following moyes. Plus transfer wise he will sign effective players and not end up with a load of number 10s

Underwhelming yes but saying that , 24 hours ago I thought we were dead and buried without a relegation manager. We know Sam won't be here for too long so I can deal with thst knowing we will stay up. If we get dyche then I will be done with any enthusiasm for the club as that suggests a longer term crap appointment

I'll take sam.

Even short term he will get the defence sorted and hopefully something to build upon ala Martinez following moyes. Plus transfer wise he will sign effective players and not end up with a load of number 10s

Underwhelming yes but saying that , 24 hours ago I thought we were dead and buried without a relegation manager. We know Sam won't be here for too long so I can deal with thst knowing we will stay up. If we get dyche then I will be done with any enthusiasm for the club as that suggests a longer term crap appointment

lmao err ok mate whatever

I know you support the team etc but I can't go whilst we have him as a manager mate and it shows the ambition of the club it's a bit sick.

Honestly you wouldn’t go ? I bet you would mate , like I say I’m not having a pop but you would . If it’s your routine It’s just what we do and not doing it feels weird . Then you get onto if he does well do you start going back or whatever .

I think it’s an understandable reaction because of who he is and as I say I’ve heard a couple saying it but when push comes to shove I can’t see it myself .

lmao err ok mate whatever
Rather have Sam short term knowing we aren't going down than give it to someone who could well mess everything up and villa us by february.

The team is a shambles, the squad is poorly built and enough key members are finished at the top level. We concede at least 2 goals a game still, had a massive amount of luck to even win yesterday and still have no potent attack. As much as I want a tuchel or a ancelotti type appointment , personally think a allardyce for the season will be the best thing. You never know, allardyce with talent in the squad did quite well , we have enough talent in that squad to do more than hoof ball and all out defending.

How he is even in the running after bung gate is a joke anyways - why would we hire someone who is evidentially involved in such rubbish???

Not the first time he has been accused either he has had a few instances of it.

Due diligence Everton - Mr Social Media manager at EFC I know you read these forums for a fact, do the entire club a favour and pass on the message...

I really think after this whole episode that the best way to recruit a manager is to use a professional head-hunter.

Set your specifications and leave the process to an expert who then provides a shortlist for consideration. The DoF should have a big part in that process of course, but with us, who knows.

There is just too much about how we recruit managers over the last 20 years, and to some extent, players, that suggests we are not as competent and thorough as we need to be, and thus we opt for the British/local/convenient option.

As with our media relations, we do not seem to project ourselves well at all and you wonder about the conversations and negotiations with prospective candidates and what they are hearing.

We are in a mess yes, but still a lot going in our favour, the choice for manager should not come down to Allardyce/Dyche/Silva.

Rather have Sam short term knowing we aren't going down than give it to someone who could well mess everything up and villa us by february.

The team is a shambles, the squad is poorly built and enough key members are finished at the top level. We concede at least 2 goals a game still, had a massive amount of luck to even win yesterday and still have no potent attack. As much as I want a tuchel or a ancelotti type appointment , personally think a allardyce for the season will be the best thing. You never know, allardyce with talent in the squad did quite well , we have enough talent in that squad to do more than hoof ball and all out defending.

I don't want him anywere near the club and speaks massive volumes of the state of the ambition if he does

Makes me laugh when people say this squad is poor, we have had far far worse and still been ok. We have a team devoid of confidence and a few gapping holes to plug up. Bolaise and Coleman should add to our attacking abilities and then buy a decent centre back and centre forward in Jan, get a few wins and everything will be rosy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back