Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiring Sam Allardyce is hardly the sign of a club that is looking to do big things.

Utter embarrassment.

Nothing will be the same. Well I guess that's true because appointing him is a huge step backwards.

I think it'll be an initial contract to the end of season IF It'll be him who gets it.

We only have a week to get a manager in place until the end of the season at least.

Its either Moyes or Allardyce. It won't be anyone still with a club imo because we haven't got time to negotiate.

DoF David, it’s his job role and been mentioned on numerous occasions.

Through your support behind the man that’s going to have Sam Allardyce on our touchline next month
Walsh is a cog in a wheel. I dont recognise his importance, because he has none.

We need steadying, at least until the end of the season.
Big Sam will come in and do exactly that.
After that, give it to whichever Russian league Pep Guardiola you want.
I like the Premier League more than I like the risk of Dyche or Marco Silva.

If the Board appoints the King of Corruption to our once-great club, prepare for years of turmoil. Many fans don't want him anywhere near our club and will turn on him as soon as the novelty wears off.
If Walsh is backing this just so his mate Shakespeare can get a cushy, well-paid job with us then it compounds the mistake.

So depressing.

I think it'll be an initial contract to the end of season IF It'll be him who gets it.

We only have a week to get a manager in place until the end of the season at least.

Its either Moyes or Allardyce. It won't be anyone still with a club imo because we haven't got time to negotiate.

What do you mean we have no time? We sacked the manager two weeks ago they've had time, if the best they can come up with in that time is the utter mess Sam Allardyce then the board aren't doing their job properly.

He well is in Sams corner. Old fat man wanting another old fat man in charge, they’ll be able to discuss transfer targets over a pint of real ale and a meat pie

State of this club when Allardyce is favourite
lol
Whilst this image is hilarious we still have no idea do we?
Just because they are both old and fat doesn't mean anything!
Really cracked me up though.

Walsh is a cog in a wheel. I dont recognise his importance, because he has none.

That’s the issue then, because he’s an important cog in the wheel. He’ll be involved in the recruitment process, he’s the DoF and the link between the board and the manager and will oversee everything from a footballing perspective. The other bellend, elstone, does the business operations....and poorly

We need steadying, at least until the end of the season.
Big Sam will come in and do exactly that.
After that, give it to whichever Russian league Pep Guardiola you want.
I like the Premier League more than I like the risk of Dyche or Marco Silva.

We are rudderless at the moment. The senior pros - Williams, Jags, Baines, Rooney -need a kick up the backside as they are hiding and leaving it to the young bucks. But that will only go so far. Allardyce will steady the ship and the absolute cert he does not fear playing anyone. First derby win in years??????

What do you mean we have no time? We sacked the manager two weeks ago they've had time, if the best they can come up with in that time is the utter mess Sam Allardyce then the board aren't doing their job properly.

We have a good week from now to get someone in and prepare for Palace. We don't have the 2 weeks that have just gone by.

That’s the issue then, because he’s an important cog in the wheel. He’ll be involved in the recruitment process, he’s the DoF and the link between the board and the manager and will oversee everything from a footballing perspective. The other bellend, elstone, does the business operations....and poorly
Sorry, I cant see Walsh as some evil world leader type.

He's just a scout. He has no impact on the big decisions made at EFC. He provides lists of possible players to choose from, just as he did at Leicester.

What do we need??

We don’t need a firefighter - 2 more wins we will be pushing on, league is close.

We don’t need someone with a history of corruption and general knobheadery.

I once thought we had ambition at this club, going after who we thought was best. Not who is Steve Walshes mate.

It’s embarressing.

Alan Smith
Central Midfield
Man Utd
Premier League
£8.10m
José Enrique
Left-Back
Villarreal CF
LaLiga
£7.83m
Joey Barton
Central Midfield
Man City
Premier League
£7.74m
David Rozehnal
Centre-Back
Paris SG
Ligue 1
£3.87m
Abdoulaye Fayé
Centre-Back
Bolton
Premier League
£2.52m
Habib Bèye
Right-Back
Marseille
Ligue 1
£2.52m
Tamás Kádár
Centre-Back
Zalaegerszeg
Nemzeti Bajnokság
£1.22m
Ben Tozer
Defensive Midfield
Swindon Town
League One
£270k
Fabio Zamblera
Centre-Forward
Atalanta U19
Campionato Primavera Girone B
Free transfer
Njitap Geremi
Right-Back
Chelsea
Premier League
Free transfer
Caçapa
Centre-Back
Olympique Lyon
Ligue 1
Free transfer
Lamine Diatta
Centre-Back
Besiktas
Süper Lig
Free transfer
Mark Viduka
Centre-Forward
Middlesbrough
Premier League
Free transfer

Full list of players Newcastle brought in during the season Walsh operated as Allardyce head of recruitment at Newcastle.

This appointment if it happens is 100% about Walsh wanting to get a manager in who he knows will cover his back as he is bricking it about losing his job, Allardyce is on record as praising him and stating that they where just starting to rebuild Newcastle when they both got sacked.

Must have been rebuilding with a weird notion of it as here's a breakdown of the ages of players recruited.

17 -20 - 3 players - 20 appearances for the club in their careers
21-27 - 4 players
28-32 - 6 players (4 of them on frees)

The only three players who they signed who made more than a handful of appearances for the club who where under 28 where Alan Smith (notorious nobhead) and Joey Barton (even more notorious and bigger nobhead) and Jose Enrique - Who sat out a huge part of his career at Liverpool not even arsed he wasn't ever played - and then retired after his contract was up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back