Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll believe it's Big Sam as soon as I see it on Panorama once they've trawled through a Bermudan legal entity's hacked email account and found a smoking gun of Usmanov paying him £100k a week for consultancy fees.

Pictures of billy liar on MOTD...he still has a malign influence on Moshiri.. Hence why we are going to appoint one of 2 managers steeped in mediocrity just as Moyes was. Just the image of that gum chewing tub of lard on the touchline is enough. Thankfully I am now retired because I would dread going into work having to justify fat Sam as manager. Laughing stock we are now.. Thanks bill... Not!!

Actually, they did. You're thinking 'but they had Okocha!!!' - but the tactic was to hit it long to Davies and let Okocha do all the work with the second ball in the final third - he was never likely to drop deep for it.

It was quite similar to Moyes in that way; get the ball into the final third ASAP.
Oh no absolutely, sorry I thought Dave was insinuating Stoke-like footy: everyone in the box.
You're spot on, it was first ball into the final third and play from there.
They did play some decent footy, just like we did under Moyes.
I'm not advocating long term with Sam but it's a gimme for the rest of this season IMO.

Actually, they did. You're thinking 'but they had Okocha!!!' - but the tactic was to hit it long to Davies and let Okocha do all the work with the second ball in the final third - he was never likely to drop deep for it.

It was quite similar to Moyes in that way; get the ball into the final third ASAP.

Take nothing away from Ivan Campo.

Yes, a two hundred nicker bet would bring the odds tumbling down ;)

Quite a lot of action around this morning on there though - think the market has grown by £10k overnight which is a fair bit in a next manager one (but nothing in a match / racing environment)

The embargo buster articles have got it going

I seem to remember Bolton under him, having 2 or 3 games at the end of the season having a pop at playing actual football* once they had ground out the requisite points to ensure another season of top flight tedium.

*edit to include it was probably just in comparison to Walter Smith or Moyes' Everton or whoever was our manager at the time playing consistently dross like rot at the time.

Pictures of billy liar on MOTD...he still has a malign influence on Moshiri.. Hence why we are going to appoint one of 2 managers steeped in mediocrity just as Moyes was. Just the image of that gum chewing tub of lard on the touchline is enough. Thankfully I am now retired because I would dread going into work having to justify fat Sam as manager. Laughing stock we are now.. Thanks bill... Not!!
Is it just me, when you see fat Sam chewing the cud, it makes you salivate like you're in a dentists chair?
Probably just me...

Oh no absolutely, sorry I thought Dave was insinuating Stoke-like footy: everyone in the box.
You're spot on, it was first ball into the final third and play from there.
They did play some decent footy, just like we did under Moyes.
I'm not advocating long term with Sam but it's a gimme for the rest of this season IMO.
Theres nothing wrong with long balls if you win.

I thought Bolton played some good footie back then

If Allardyche comes in and things don’t improve Goodison’s toxcicity will reach unprecedented levels.

Among my circle of matchgoing friends and acquaintances yesterday, there was 100% opposition to this scoundrel being appointed and fetching in Shakespeare and the other merry men.

More than one fellow said they will actually stop going if Sam comes in.

We do not need to take this step at this moment in time.....if ever.

A club would only ever think of appointing him as a last resort if they were in the mire.....five or six points from our next three games, two of which are against current bottom three sides, will see us in the top half with Huddersfield coming to town after that.

For goodness sake wake up Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back