Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably doesn't mean anything but Marco Silva refused to comment on becoming our next manager. If he wasn't in the frame why not just deny it and say he's happy at Watford.

Ok, I'm confused. So the source on Twitter was wrong and now it's not Dyche being announced today, it's Allardyce tomorrow? Blimey, make your mind up.

Forgot about that.

This is just terrible news if true.

I still have hope this is just placing pressure on other managers elsewhere to commit.

See my later post mate on why for the club it means Walsh has gotten his wish, as a Real DoF is in effect above a manager in the hierarchy you reckon that his former scout is gonna be able to be above Allardyce

We will 'survive' - yup - but whoever follows after Allardyce will have an utter shambles remaining here - and i mean one that makes the last two managers - and what dross they inherited in large parts seem a picnic

I'd take Sean Dyche for a few seasons over Fat Sam.I think Dyche would do a decent job for us.But can he bring us the attractive attacking football, trophies and regular champions league football, with a view to being title contenders, that we Evertonians demand?Dyche will do a solid job for us, but i have a feeling that his reign would be all about, putting in place some solid foundations, for his successor to build on.

See my later post mate on why for the club it means Walsh has gotten his wish, as a Real DoF is in effect above a manager in the hierarchy you reckon that his former scout is gonna be able to be above Allardyce

We will 'survive' - yup - but whoever follows after Allardyce will have an utter shambles remaining here - and i mean one that makes the last two managers - and what dross they inherited in large parts seem a picnic
Agreed 100%

It's false economy to bring in that man. Long term we'll be in tatters. And is the personnel here to even make sense to turn to hoofball Allardyce?

It makes no sense.

I'd take Sean Dyche for a few seasons over Fat Sam.I think Dyche would do a decent job for us.But can he bring us the attractive attacking football, trophies and regular champions league football, with a view to being title contenders, that we Evertonians demand?Dyche will do a solid job for us, but i have a feeling that his reign would be all about, putting in place some solid foundations, for his successor to build on.

If it came down to a choice between them, I'd choose Dyche every day of the week. He's younger and has something to prove, whereas Sam is just looking for one last big payoff before retiring.

Bolton under Sam didn't play hoof ball!

Actually, they did. You're thinking 'but they had Okocha!!!' - but the tactic was to hit it long to Davies and let Okocha do all the work with the second ball in the final third - he was never likely to drop deep for it.

It was quite similar to Moyes in that way; get the ball into the final third ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back