Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look st the poll for our next manager Unsy is well ahead you give it up !
Why every trophy since 1963 have been won by former players not prima donas like Koeman!
But those men had all proven themselves as first team managers elsewhere before being offered the Everton job. Unsworth is a pure hit n' hope shot and a club of our stature and alleged ambition should be appointing a quality , proven coach , not a 100-1 rank outsider.

But those men had all proven themselves as first team managers elsewhere before being offered the Everton job. Unsworth is a pure hit n' hope shot and a club of our stature and alleged ambition should be appointing a quality , proven coach , not a 100-1 rank outsider.

Difference is Unsworth would crawl over broken glass for Everton.

That is a rarity in modern football outside of the Sky darlings.

If we want to compete we need to do something different. 20 years in the wilderness has left us viewed like West Ham, West Brom and Stoke.

Spurs are considered in a higher bracket. A team that has won precisely 0 leagues in my 40+ years on this planet.

He instills belief and desire in his teams. He wants the club to be the best and has proven he can work with misfits and talent, getting results against better opposition.

He deserves a chance and would certainly get my full support.

If we want to compete we need to do something different. 20 years in the wilderness has left us viewed like West Ham, West Brom and Stoke.

Spurs are considered in a higher bracket. A team that has won precisely 0 leagues in my 40+ years on this planet.

He instills belief and desire in his teams. He wants the club to be the best and has proven he can work with misfits and talent, getting results against better opposition.

I've been an Everton supporter long enough to know romantic hopes get you nowhere. His feelings for Everton have no bearing on his ability to do the job. We have had the same argument with Rooney, the reality is as hard as he is trying he is no different to the player Mourinho deemed not good enough for a top six club.
I've attended about a dozen or so u23 matches during Unsworth's tenure and my impression has been a competent and solid manager, he manages the game well. I personally have never walked away truly impressed enough to want him as 1st team manager. Not all former players have made good managers , Bingham began our decline by failing to build on Cattericks legacy.

I've been an Everton supporter long enough to know romantic hopes get you nowhere. His feelings for Everton have no bearing on his ability to do the job. We have had the same argument with Rooney, the reality is as hard as he is trying he is no different to the player Mourinho deemed not good enough for a top six club.
I've attended about a dozen or so u23 matches during Unsworth's tenure and my impression has been a competent and solid manager, he manages the game well. I personally have never walked away truly impressed enough to want him as 1st team manager. Not all former players have made good managers , Bingham began our decline by failing to build on Cattericks legacy.

Fair points, but a balloon with a biro drawn face could do as well as Koeman is currently.

Change is needed and I think Unsworth deserves a shot.

Regarding Rooney I have nothing like the same feelings. One left Aston Villa after 2 weeks because Everton came calling. The other is a Manchester United legend.

Fair points, but a balloon with a biro drawn face could do as well as Koeman is currently.

Change is needed and I think Unsworth deserves a shot.
Fair enough , but not for me . I don't believe we have time to allow someone to learn on the job. Over the years some of the managers we have been linked with and failed to land include Clough and Robson, they at different times could have altered our history for the better. Making do is always a dead end.

Good as a temporary or a no 2 or relegation may loom?
Still heads the poll on here!

Whether he's the long term answer or not I don't know. But Unsworth would get more out of this squad and have us more balanced for a kick off. And there's your answer as to why he should take over if Koeman is sacked. Koeman is on thin ice for me, he needs to start showing us he can get a performance our of the team and change what he's doing currently or he's gone.

So would I. Doesn’t mean I should be given the job.

Good as a temporary or a no 2 or relegation may loom?
Still heads the poll on here!
Whether or not he heads the poll here is largely irrelevant to his ability to do the job. I suspect most people are voting with they're hearts and not their heads. It is noticeable that the majority of his supporters concentrate on his love of Everton and not his tactics. Other potential candidates would be judged on their played style and tactics , not their affiliations.
At present we have enough time , if we wish, to locate a genuine proven and successful first team manager, we should not be panicking. If we 'give Unsworth a go' and by Xmas we are in the same position , then we will have to sack him and make a panic , short term appointment . Why take that risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back