Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid table, but with 9 points from the previous 12 fixtures - they where heading one way when they sacked him mate

allardyce btw brought kean in as his assistant manager

Hated by the fans of each, insulting to two sets of them whilst manager, sorry but anyone wanting this cretin near our club needs to have a word

You actually saying Mike Ashley made a good footballing decision? Not a chance.

And of course he insulted their fans. They're utter morons. Geordies were still in that "aren't we massive based on the late 90s". And Hammers fans still feel football owes them something since winning the world cup in 66.

He brought them down to earth bluntly.

Koeman did the same towards us but more subtlety

I tend to favour the "rolling one year contract" theory.

Watford's owners like to run through manager regularly...I read an article about them recently and they positively revelled in this fact, saying the club was set up in such a way that they neither wanted nor needed a manager to stay very long.

It sounded weird to me but it sure fits in with short, rolling contracts.
They won’t mind us taking their manager then hopefully. Can’t believe they sacked Flores after finishing mid table and a semi final.

Jim White reporting we are considering 4 managers; Unsworth, Big Sam, 1 PL manager and a so-called World Class manager.

I'm calling bulls**t on the World Class manager as that's just lies when we resort to sodding Allardyce.

Am I mad as I would gladly offer Eddie Howe the gig?

upload_2017-11-6_22-33-53.webp

upload_2017-11-6_22-34-19.webp

:coffee:

Jim White reporting we are considering 4 managers; Unsworth, Big Sam, 1 PL manager and a so-called World Class manager.

I'm calling bulls**t on the World Class manager as that's just lies when we resort to sodding Allardyce.

Am I mad as I would gladly offer Eddie Howe the gig?
TBF it fits in with what has previously been reported with respect to Tuchel and Silva as the world-class and PL manager respectively.

I think your being a bit panicky if I’m being honest mate no offense intended.

I think if it comes he will sign a two year deal and we will pay the compo for a change that or a bonus for staying up.

I also don’t think it harms our reputation at all with top managers, he was the England football manager and he has probably been the most successful English manager relatively over a long period in the PL. I’m not sure what recruiting from Burnley would do for our reputation in comparison. Frankly we employed a flavor of the month Koeman after Martinez, i think money and resources talks to be honest. Look who replaced him in his last two club jobs, Bilic at Westham and De Boer at Palace two young managers who hotly tipped to go onto be world class amangers, I know they didn’t or haven’t yet but you can see my point. I also see our trajectory to success being incremental to eventually getting someone of Simone’s ilk, I don’t see that happening suddenly, Allerdyce would be a another stepping stone albeit a steady one in our current context.

I think his brief will be limited myself on a short term basis, I think there will be coordinated approach to recruitment in and out, he will be given resources for balance but I can’t see him being allowed to jettison significant assets myself. Funny I have a feeling Walsh is heavily involved in outs. Even then there is always loans.

Perhaps mate, but then it’s better to play with a right back then none at all, as we are very aware of what it’s like and the disastouras effects of playing without a striker. I’ve already written the season off to be honest all that matters is playing in the PL next season and holding our heads high being competitive then clearing the decks, he ticks that box. For me he offers short term gain and maximizes future options, given the current market my own opinion is that’s best for Everton welfare. Everything else just doesn’t matter beyond that.
Short term gain for long term pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back