• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Tuchel world class?

Tuchel is not World Class in my humble opinion, don't get me wrong he is showing promise but not a worldie.

yeah he is not world class, but then with coaches you have to put their accomplishents into perspective as not all coaches coach the best teams with the best players and most money! There are likely coaches out there who've won more trophies, but I would not consider to be as good a coach as him. Stuff like that.

He is a very good coach though.

Big Sam till the end of the season with someone new starting a fresh at the beginning of next season seems the best idea to me

Allardyce will steady things and won't be arsed that he's only got it for a brief period. He'll take his money, right the ship and then the new guy can take over with a clean slate

The way I see it is, a lot of managers will become available in the summer, conte Simone etc, I am not saying we will get them, but there will be a big move around of managers.

If it means getting Fat sam until then I would take that rather than Dyche for the next 3 Years. He is just another moyes.

Personally I would like the shatknor Donetsk manager fonseco, his team plays really good football.

I’ve no problem with Allardyce I’d prefer him over Dyche.

My reasoning is this:

It’s clear the market is limited at the moment and a long term appointment for what’s available feels wrong and to be frank risky.

He has a track record of getting the best out of what’s available.

Premier League expiernce, never been relegated.

He knows how to balance a squad both at the moment and pragmatic purchases in January. He has an eye for a The right player and getting a blend.

An Allerdyce short term appointment, also maximisises and enables the next choice after him being better.

None of us really want Sam.

But some of us are thinking that he really is a safe bet in the mess we have been in, if of course we cannot get the target we are really after of course.

Or maybe he takes over poor clubs, who were about to go down, keeps them up and then the inevitable actually occurred when he left?

The clubs he has managed as a rule have all been very very poor outfits indeed, from boardroom to pitch.

He kept Sunderland and Palace up ffs and they were as bad when he arrived, as they are now. To say he wrecks teams is a joke.

Exactly the way I think. Guarantees staying up and until we equalised yesterday we were still in the relegation zone looking doomed. Sadly that one win wasn't backed up with a fantastic performance so the league table doesn't speak the truth....yet.

I personally think it's the risk aspect. I wanted tuchel when moyes went and still do now. Yes I would take sam for the job he would be doing in keeping us up because we are in a complete mess win or not yesterday. That isn't for ambition, it's for realism of our situation. Would I be made up if tuchel came in? Absolutely, to me that is an exciting appointment. There is just that risk that any new manager can't get this shocking assembled squad into one to regularly get points at least until January aka villa 2 years ago under garde which then makes the situation worse.

So if me or anyone else is advocating allardyce getting the job it isn't because he is a manager we want, it's because it's a manager we need. Until we stop leaking goals then we are still going down, you can't expect us to score 3 every game to stand a chance. That's the realism of it, but if by some chance we got someone not on everyone's shortlist now then that hopefully would lift the club and fan base alone.

Sadly it seems there won't be ambition again at the club and I personally don't think the search has gone beyond dyche and allardyce if I am being honest. The bigger concern though is whether they are inspired choices or not, two clubs are going to sack and replace managers in the same space of time we are dragging our heels

Big Sam until the end of the season is about as good as we can hope for. Say what you want about him, he knows how to organise and will keep us mid table easily.

Barkley won't be back. Bolasie and Coleman might not be the same players and won't be fully fit till near the end of the season.

The main core of the back 4 are old, there's little quality cover. The midfield is disjointed and lacking creativity. The attack isn't going to scare anyone either.

Im not bothered about what Unsworth has done. He's a stop gap. I'm going off what I've seen and I think it's really bad or at least very average. It doesnt have a spine. It doesn't have a player with an xfactor.

Also, it's not graced with intelligence or a number of players that can play passing football.

Overall, it doesn't look like £200mill has been spent on it. And to me it needs an honest manager to strip it back and make it simple, that plays the percentages and find it's key attribute.

It's a rebuild job that needs a slap to sort itself out.

Big Sam in for two seasons would do that. Then reassess.

View attachment 41828

His reaction after keeping us up the last day of the season

* have to wear a different tie, like
NO!!!. JUST NO NO NO NO NO.

This guy belongs in a sewer and not within a million miles of our club. He will take us back 10 years at least.

I can't believe anybody wants him as manager of our club. We need somebody who will take us forward and compliment the fabulous range of quality youth talent we have at our disposal. In other words. Tuchel.

Appoint Allardyce and we may as well just start giving our kids away as they'll be going nowhere with us.

yeah he is not world class, but then with coaches you have to put their accomplishents into perspective as not all coaches coach the best teams with the best players and most money! There are likely coaches out there who've won more trophies, but I would not consider to be as good a coach as him. Stuff like that.

He is a very good coach though.

Yeah I agree and I would take him in a heart beat as I much prefer a manager who has had success without unlimited resources.

It's about perception and how a manager is rated. Would anyone be shocked if say arsenal, bayern or Chelsea appointed tuchel, I for one wouldn't, but if they hired a puel I'd be astounded

On the flip side, would it be shocking for us to hire Tuchel? Judging by the teams you reference that would suggest he’s way out of our league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back