Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsssk, Koeman was a big name, he was talked about as the next Arsenal/Barca manager, you didnt rate him, I didnt rate him, but he was the highest profile we could have got, sadly, we are looking for a manager at possibly the worst possible time, the amount of managers willing to leave clubs mid season isnt great and the 1s that we could get are mostly out of work for a reason.

So we are left with some utterly outstandingly bad choices, The Mosh is out there waving his chequebook, show him the respect he deserves for Gods sake.
Let's be honest, the last two managerial searches did not produce top quality short lists. That's both pre and post Moshiri arrival.

The timing means little: we are not going to attract world class coaches this side of being a billionaires plaything....a real billionaire.

He also left them with a debt, due to "big " transfers and wages, that they've never recovered from and are unlikely to ever recover from.

Mate, that's somewhat incorrect.
When BFS took over at Bolton, they were approx £50m in debt to Eddie Davies, when he left they were still approx £50m in debt having made Europe.
He walked because Bolton weren't prepared to invest further in the team he had taken into Europe.

What would it take for Sam to win people round?

PL Title?
CL Qualification?
Trophy?

For me the stick the board would get for appointing him he would have to achieve at least 1 of the above. They could have gotten a run of the mill manager to keep us best of the rest without getting stick for it.

Tuchel.webp

Had we lost yesterday Goat, I think you'd probably be right.

The three points was vital to take some pressure off the need to appoint quickly, and I am very confident that the time will be taken and used to better effect that a hasty move.
Nah, the only way an appointment would have been put on the back burner was if Unsie had really impressed in the last couple of weeks - he hasn't, and the international break is the time to bring someone in, the earlier the better. Before Thursday imo.

Let's be honest, the last two managerial searches did not produce top quality short lists. That's both pre and post Moshiri arrival.

The timing means little: we are not going to attract world class coaches this side of being a billionaires plaything....a real billionaire.

We cant attract world class players or managers Dave, not till we "push on", we showed signs on pushing on last season, but any manager worth his salt looks at our squad and thinks "I aint winning many games till Jan with that shower of manure".

Mate, that's somewhat incorrect.
When BFS took over at Bolton, they were approx £50m in debt to Eddie Davies, when he left they were still approx £50m in debt having made Europe.
He walked because Bolton weren't prepared to invest further in the team he had taken into Europe.

I stand corrected.

Although I do believe the debt is well over 100 mil now ?

Nah, the only way an appointment would have been out on the back burner was if Unsie had really impressed in the last couple of weeks - he hasn't, and the international break is the time to bring someone in, the earlier the better. Before Thursday imo.

Nar, most of our players are away till next week, get somebody in by Sunday and we are Gucci.

PL Title?
CL Qualification?
Trophy?

For me the stick the board would get for appointing him he would have to achieve at least 1 of the above. They could have gotten a run of the mill manager to keep us best of the rest without getting stick for it.

I think he'd get some breathing space, due to the collective sigh of relief, with Moyes going to West Ham

All the 3 points does is help us sell the "team" to somebody a bit better.

I see no reason at all for us not to appoint somebody this week.

Koeman was sacked 2 weeks ago, theres hasty and then theres taking the piss, we are dangerously close to the later.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
Such a big decision should, imo, not be rushed into.
There was an argument to keeping Koeman till the EL campaign ended, but the club chose not to and put a bit of faith and trust in DU.
Had we moved immediately, we probably would now have BFS.
We've waited and again, imo, the chances of BFS being offered the position are reducing with every hour/day that passes as we'll be talking to more and more options.

PL Title?
CL Qualification?
Trophy?

I will support the steaming pile of dung if hes given the job, but till then hes a steaming pile of dung.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
Such a big decision should, imo, not be rushed into.
There was an argument to keeping Koeman till the EL campaign ended, but the club chose not to and put a bit of faith and trust in DU.
Had we moved immediately, we probably would now have BFS.
We've waited and again, imo, the chances of BFS being offered the position are reducing with every hour/day that passes as we'll be talking to more and more options.

We dont wanna appoint Sam, thats pretty clear, im hoping we are waiting to see if "somebody" likes the idea of 7m a year.

I stand corrected.

Although I do believe the debt is well over 100 mil now ?
But, that can't be levelled at BFS.
Eddie Davies sold out and since then Bolton have been woefully managed and Dean Holdsworth entered into financial arrangements to buy them that were frankly strange to say the least... and he's gone now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back