Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont wanna appoint Sam, thats pretty clear, im hoping we are waiting to see if "somebody" likes the idea of 7m a year.
The only way I could envisage BFS getting the call would be if we lost the next three games and even then - imo - the absolute best he'd get offered is the end of the season, no way on a long-term basis.
All hypothetical Goat, we're gonna beat Palace and continue to do due diligence on as many managerial options as possible.

Nah, the only way an appointment would have been put on the back burner was if Unsie had really impressed in the last couple of weeks - he hasn't, and the international break is the time to bring someone in, the earlier the better. Before Thursday imo.

Cannot see it myself FLHD, the need for urgency has reduced imo.

The win yesterday has eased the situation perfectly given the international break.

The club will take its time to further research potential candidates and talk to as many as possible in order to reach - hopefully - the right decision.

Jim White, Sky and their alleged 'sources', the media in general can try and sensationalise all they want that 'Everton are in talks with' whoever.

I very much doubt there will any announcement this side of the trip to Crystal Palace, Sunday's three points has bought the club and maybe/probably DU at least another couple of weeks... win at Palace and the need for a quick appointment reduces further.
To play the other side here Andy. Say we didn't appoint anyone before palace, and lost the game. Yesterday's win becomes meaningless as the bottom club cuts the gap on us taking us closer to the bottom again. We would then have to question why we didn't appoint someone during this break and more importantly what difference did that time make when we sacked koeman a fee weeks before now. At this point unless we do hire a manager before the next game, 5 weeks to pick a manager is incredibly poor business to do especially when the eventual appointment ends up being quite poor. First question would always be why didn't they hire him sooner if that was the case?

We have to bring a manager in now before that next game to show any ounce of credibility as a football club looking to actually get somewhere. If we are backing unsworth then give him the contract now, if not then replace him. There is no justified reason in November that we should be waiting 4-5 weeks to hire a manager, no other club does that! Especially being where we are in the table.

The only way I could envisage BFS getting the call would be if we lost the next three games and even then - imo - the absolute best he'd get offered is the end of the season, no way on a long-term basis.
All hypothetical Goat, we're gonna beat Palace and continue to do due diligence on as many managerial options as possible.

I honestly dont see what we gain from waiting though mate.

I mean you say due diligence, its a manager mate, you look at their record, you speak to people in the industry and you make a decision, I get that its a big decision, but they have had 2 weeks, infact longer, cos im sure they considered options BEFORE sacking him.

You offer somebody the dough and if they bail you move on.

To play the other side here Andy. Say we didn't appoint anyone before palace, and lost the game. Yesterday's win becomes meaningless as the bottom club cuts the gap on us taking us closer to the bottom again. We would then have to question why we didn't appoint someone during this break and more importantly what difference did that time make when we sacked koeman a fee weeks before now. At this point unless we do hire a manager before the next game, 5 weeks to pick a manager is incredibly poor business to do especially when the eventual appointment ends up being quite poor. First question would always be why didn't they hire him sooner if that was the case?

We have to bring a manager in now before that next game to show any ounce of credibility as a football club looking to actually get somewhere. If we are backing unsworth then give him the contract now, if not then replace him. There is no justified reason in November that we should be waiting 4-5 weeks to hire a manager, no other club does that! Especially being where we are in the table.

It would also give a new manager ( if not unsworth ) some time to get acclimatised to the club and those players not on international duty.

I honestly dont see what we gain from waiting though mate.

I mean you say due diligence, its a manager mate, you look at their record, you speak to people in the industry and you make a decision, I get that its a big decision, but they have had 2 weeks, infact longer, cos im sure they considered options BEFORE sacking him.

You offer somebody the dough and if they bail you move on.

You're right on the process Goat... track record, talks, references etc, but it's not, doesn't need to be and shouldn't be a lightning fast process unless there is one massively outstanding candidate... and right now, I don't think there is.

So best to take a bit more time and truly scour the market and widen the scope.
A quick move would be for someone readily available e.g. not in a job.
A slower, more considered move would likely see a negotiation with the incumbents current club over compensation etc.

There's no perfect scenario mate.

Ideally, we wouldn't be doing this till the end of the season and we've have more time to research etc etc and that might see a caretaker appointment.

Before we all go down the "that'll be BFS then" route, I think he'd be the final throw of the dice.

There's no perfect scenario mate.

Ideally, we wouldn't be doing this till the end of the season and we've have more time to research etc etc and that might see a caretaker appointment.

Before we all go down the "that'll be BFS then" route, I think he'd be the final throw of the dice.
Agree with this. I'd give Unsworth more time and see where we are in the summer.

He does have a relegation with Hull City to his name.But aside from that, Marco Silva has done a great job with every club he's managed.I'd like to see us show some drive and ambition, and ruthlessly prize him away from Watford.Anything but Fat effing Sam.

Reading a few of the papers it appears that Moyes was West Ham's only option having been turned down by Ancelotti and Mancini. Now I'm not saying we are on the same level as West Ham but it shows you how difficult it is to attract what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back