Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how much I rate him if I'm honest.

With Neymar, Suarez and Messi he really should have won everything. The away performances in the CL were embarrassing.

I would prefer Silva. I have a better idea how he would do with this team in this league.
Any of them would do me.

No comparison when the press continually link us to Allardyce & Dyche....*vomit*

There are rumours he wants to leave Madrid - he is losing Griezman and there's only so long any team will keep that work rate up for any manager. It's why Pep only lasts 3 years.

However there's no way he will come to us. I'm almost certain if the rumour is that he's leaving then it will be to replace Conte at Chelsea.

At last, a bit of sense

This morning I woke up dreading the thought of Big Sam or Sean. Now I am dreaming of Simeone. I am however old enough to know what is next in the Everton Roller Coaster.

Exactly. No one in the football world actually thinks we have money especially when our star striker effectively said it was a load of nonsense that we did last season. Koeman apparently came for a large war chest and was let down. No top manager will risk their career on that.

The waffler mosh fooled us all but he wont fool top managers. Big sam it will be and lets be happy he should keep us up. How our stock has fallen from insane transfer dealings and mess ups

In an ideal world what would we want from a top managerial candidate?

Experience of the Champions league.
Experience of the Premiership.
Won Silverware.
A win percentage over 50% (actually 53%).
Tactically astute.
Young and hungry.
Would not cost too much to acquire.
Has had no complete managerial failures in his career.
Knows how to beat the Red S***e.
Would be here for the long term.

Of all those considered there is an obvious choice who ticks all the boxes...... Marco Silva of course.

Jabba the Hutt and Sean Dyche have win percentages in the 30's and Thomas Tuchel's is in the 40's.
I know stats don't mean much but if you were making a list of what you would want from an ideal manager from who is available he stands out above the rest in my opinion.

Whether Allardyce has or hasn’t spoken to Everton or not (FWIW I don’t think he has). He has just said he is at an LMA Managers Conference in Scotland until Friday, now unless he is completely lying then I don’t imagine we will be announcing him until the weekend at least (if that is who we are after). Surely if it was him it would already be done?

Again I may be completely wrong, but I do not think Allardyce will be our next manager. I have a sneaking suspicion that Moshiri is well aware of Tuchel, from his previous links to Arsenal job etc. Actually think there is a chance that Allardyce ends up at West Brom if Pulis gets binned. Pretty sure he is from around that area anyway.

My personal order of preference would be Tuchel > Benitez > Silva > Dyche > Allardyce.

Yes.....he hails from Dudley, I think.

Keep EFC out of bottom 3 until the transfer window. Surely Big Sam will receive assurances that he can bring in a striker before he joins. If you were in his shoes you would insist on it.

We will be be 7th by the time the next window opens.

There is no need for a firefighter.

Unsie will keep the seat warm until a proper manager can be appointed to buy whom we need in January then the serious work will start on the squad come June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back