Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was he on I heard 6 million a year?

Some say seven million :Blink:

But the general consensus is he was on Lee Majors type dough.

What a waste of money.

And of course, it sets the standard.

“Everton pay Koeman six million quid p.a......you are in trouble....I’ll have some of what the bloke who got you in this mess in the first place was having if you want me to dig you out”

I do not fault Sam for asking for that kind of dough, no siree, Joe.

I don't know. I've seen worse in my time mate. But you are right, it would be a poor decision. But TBH, I think unless we can bring in somebody of the standing of Ancelotti, it would be a mistake to bring in anybody until the end of the season at this moment as there's every chance it would backfire.

If we don't feel able to appoint somebody long term now, which does appear to be the case for whatever reason, I would prefer to continue to run with Unsworth on a caretaker manager basis for the time being. I know a lot of his decisions and team choices have been at best naïve, but in his defence it was a difficult group of matches and he has had very little time to work with the players in the training ground. We have an "easier" set of 8 league games coming up and I think he should be given an opportunity to carry on and see if he can turn it around. We can forget the EL now and concentrate on sorting out our defensive errors on the training ground. Somebody new comes in and before you know it that easier run of games has gone before the new guy has even settled in. We could be in an even worse position.

I personally think we could well be in the top 8 by the end of the year and maybe 10 points clear of the relegation places. If so, consideration could then be given to appointing Unsworth until the end of the season, but certainly not before.
Really like your optimism of top 8, I have it the other way with Unsworth in charge of still bottom 3 but with a lot of teams being within one or two points of each other.
Have been fortunate or unfortunate to have seen the 4 games live and I don't see anything that gives me hope he can turn it around with the limited experience he has, seems a real genuine lad and not having ago personally but I have no confidence in him at this time.

Really like your optimism of top 8, I have it the other way with Unsworth in charge of still bottom 3 but with a lot of teams being within one or two points of each other.
Have been fortunate or unfortunate to have seen the 4 games live and I don't see anything that gives me hope he can turn it around with the limited experience he has, seems a real genuine lad and not having ago personally but I have no confidence in him at this time.
Would have to echo these sentiments. Accurate.

My take is if we were choosing one if the English candidates for the job it would be out there now that either approaches have been made or talks held, but there is nothing concrete from anywhere apart from gossip and nonsense. So as one of the obvious candidates haven't got it we must be in only one of two positions. We are either in talks with someone like tuchel (or a n other) or we are even more incompetent than we think and have done nothing since the Watford game. Personally reckon we are chasing someone other than the obvious candidates but nothing would surprise me.

Agree with this, however the players want to play for him, they showed that agaisnt Watford, so in my opinion it would be wise to make him number 2 based on that for team talks and motivation plus he can advise the new manager on youth players etc. Would also give him some much needed experience

My take is if we were choosing one if the English candidates for the job it would be out there now that either approaches have been made or talks held, but there is nothing concrete from anywhere apart from gossip and nonsense. So as one of the obvious candidates haven't got it we must be in only one of two positions. We are either in talks with someone like tuchel (or a n other) or we are even more incompetent than we think and have done nothing since the Watford game. Personally reckon we are chasing someone other than the obvious candidates but nothing would surprise me.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back