Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely concerned I jinxed this so called board meeting yesterday with the whole off tuna rumour... and all manager plans are on hold while fresh tuna gets caught and sorted.

We just can't help dragging absolutely everything out can we, what a daft little club.

My arl grannie always said “there’s luck in leisure”.

Better to drag it it out and mull it over than make a rash appointment.

We stuff this one up then we really will be in crisis at some stage in the next year or two.

The Watford victory and the international break have relieved the pressure a bit and given us a bit of breathing space.

The next four games give us renewed hope and a real opportunity to amass some points and climb that table.

I am sticking to the prediction I made before the game and if we beat Watford, Mike.

If Unsie is left to hold the fort until Christmas we will be up to 8th in the League at least.....possibly 7th if Burnley’s stride shortens.

Sam comes in we will be bottom three or thereabouts on New Year’s Day....our players are not cut out for Sam’s type of football nor even fit enough for it.

My arl grannie always said “there’s luck in leisure”.

Better to drag it it out and mull it over than make a rash appointment.

We stuff this one up then we really will be in crisis at some stage in the next year or two.

The Watford victory and the international break have relieved the pressure a bit and given us a bit of breathing space.

The next four games give us renewed hope and a real opportunity to amass some points and climb that table.

I am sticking to the prediction I made before the game and if we beat Watford, Mike.

If Unsie is left to hold the fort until Christmas we will be up to 8th in the League at least.....possibly 7th if Burnley’s stride shortens.

Sam comes in we will be bottom three or thereabouts on New Year’s Day....our players are not cut out for Sam’s type of football nor even fit enough for it.

Ahh I'd love to see that but it seems so far off. I don't think this group of players have it in them to improve that much in such a short space of time, that'd mean us winning more or less every game. This is a very poor team.

This is why it is taking longer than expected as they consider their options with people like Hiddink coming into the picture.
There are those rumours about Gus wearing women's knickers though. I've nothing against it (on paper) but hey, if we don't manage to get ourselves out of this rut, you have to question whether he'd be up for the battle. I'm not so sure.

There are those rumours about Gus wearing women's knickers though. I've nothing against it (on paper) but hey, if we don't manage to get ourselves out of this rut, you have to question whether he'd be up for the battle. I'm not so sure.
Gus the gusset sniffer?

See, I agree with you, if he has a chance of Bayern I understand the hold up on his part...

The only issue I have with this train of thought is that they have put an interim manager in place while he is available... I think they are waiting for the Hoffenheim manager personally, and if he flops this season Tuchel could be back up. I don't see any reason (that I know of I might be wrong mate) for them to wait for Tuchel.

Club should leak an approach for Nagelsman then - see if that makes Bayerns mind up for them ;)

Really like your optimism of top 8, I have it the other way with Unsworth in charge of still bottom 3 but with a lot of teams being within one or two points of each other.
Have been fortunate or unfortunate to have seen the 4 games live and I don't see anything that gives me hope he can turn it around with the limited experience he has, seems a real genuine lad and not having ago personally but I have no confidence in him at this time.
All about opinions mate and in my opinion my optimism is not that far fetched. I'm not saying we're within a million miles of the top 6. Neither am I saying we're suddenly going to start playing fantastic football, hammering all comers 4-0.

My optimism is based on Unsworth having a very tricky start to his tenure and having very little time in the training ground yet to work on our defensive frailties. My optimism is based on our being just 4 points behind 8th place, having had a more difficult fixture list so far than those around us, including 8 of the top 9 in the league. My optimism is based on having an easier fixture list over the next 8 games, including 7 games against the bottom 11 sides, 4 of which are actually below us in the league and therefore, presumably, in worse form than us.

At the moment the top 6 are out on their own and the likes of Burnley and Watford also showing well. Apart from that teams aren't doing or playing any better than us. We need to only gain 8 points more than West Ham (who have an absolutely stinker fixture list) to be 10 points clear of relegation at the end of the year. I can easily see us getting 4/5 wins and a draw or 2 out of that fixture list.

To a degree I can understand your pessimism, but I think you are putting too much emphasis on our own form and disregarding how badly other teams are playing.

Ha ha! No wonder he’s got that pained expression, must be cutting him in half.

Agree with this, however the players want to play for him, they showed that agaisnt Watford, so in my opinion it would be wise to make him number 2 based on that for team talks and motivation plus he can advise the new manager on youth players etc. Would also give him some much needed experience
Apologies I seemed to read your post that you wanted him to continue solo as caretaker manager, did the players really play for him, Leicester was awful , apart from the first say 10 minutes of the second half at Lyon was no better and Watford for 70 minutes was as bad as Koeman

All about opinions mate and in my opinion my optimism is not that far fetched. I'm not saying we're within a million miles of the top 6. Neither am I saying we're suddenly going to start playing fantastic football, hammering all comers 4-0.

My optimism is based on Unsworth having a very tricky start to his tenure and having very little time in the training ground yet to work on our defensive frailties. My optimism is based on our being just 4 points behind 8th place, having had a more difficult fixture list so far than those around us, including 8 of the top 9 in the league. My optimism is based on having an easier fixture list over the next 8 games, including 7 games against the bottom 11 sides, 4 of which are actually below us in the league and therefore, presumably, in worse form than us.

At the moment the top 6 are out on their own and the likes of Burnley and Watford also showing well. Apart from that teams aren't doing or playing any better than us. We need to only gain 8 points more than West Ham (who have an absolutely stinker fixture list) to be 10 points clear of relegation at the end of the year. I can easily see us getting 4/5 wins and a draw or 2 out of that fixture list.

To a degree I can understand your pessimism, but I think you are putting too much emphasis on our own form and disregarding how badly other teams are playing.
Not having ago at you, your opinion is as it's valid as mine, I just can't see us getting 4/5 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat in the next 8 games, that would be some hell of a turn round in fortune

As long as he isn't putting them on animals and follows through on his commitments to charity then I don't see what the problem is with a bit of cross-dressing. Maybe he just finds them more comfortable.

That being said he hasn't really done anything of note for a decade as a manager has he?

He was U19 coach at Mainz for 1 season, and I think aslo he was coach for Augsburg second team too before, so like a lot of coaches in Germany he did come through that sort of system where you start out with getting experience with youth and 2nd teams.

At Dortmund, all coaches there have to be willing to work with young players as Dortmund do put an empashis on building through purchasing younger players, so it is quite a youthful squad. It was a bit of a mixed bag with him there and the young players. Of course Dembele played a lot and he showed a lot of trust in him. Weigl played a lot too for him, 2 really outstanding young players. A couple of the other youngsters didn't really work so well with him, Mikel Merino (now at Newcastle) wasn't so happy with how it went for him under TT, feeling he didn't show any confidence in him as a player.

My feeling is, that if the younger players available are talented and better than senior players in the same position - he is not afraid of using them. Age wouldn't be a big factor.
Basically what I wanted to hear. Now sign him up Mosh.

Not having ago at you, your opinion is as it's valid as mine, I just can't see us getting 4/5 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat in the next 8 games, that would be some hell of a turn round in fortune
Yeah I know that mate. Just explaining that my optimism was more to do with the fixture list than a huge turnaround in performance or fortune. Even if we were in or around 8th on, say 25 points come the end of the year, that is still a huge disappointment on where we'd expected to be at the start of the season. We would be at least 10 points behind 6th and, apart from the FA Cup, our season would be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back