Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, he's got a bit of a Paula Radcliffe nodding run going on nowdays hasn't he.
Won't be able to stop noticing that now ffs.

Haha it is, I couldn't stop laughing the other week when Vardy left him behind and he was full on nod-running trying his hardest to keep up, like when you're trying to run in a dream and your legs refuse to carry you, Vardy just disappearing into the distance. A hopeless sight.

I suppose the other side of it as well. If we don't hire a new manager or officially announce unsworth then which boss striker is going to sign for the club to save our season when they don't know who their manager is or who it could be a week from then?

All about opinions mate and in my opinion my optimism is not that far fetched. I'm not saying we're within a million miles of the top 6. Neither am I saying we're suddenly going to start playing fantastic football, hammering all comers 4-0.

My optimism is based on Unsworth having a very tricky start to his tenure and having very little time in the training ground yet to work on our defensive frailties. My optimism is based on our being just 4 points behind 8th place, having had a more difficult fixture list so far than those around us, including 8 of the top 9 in the league. My optimism is based on having an easier fixture list over the next 8 games, including 7 games against the bottom 11 sides, 4 of which are actually below us in the league and therefore, presumably, in worse form than us.

At the moment the top 6 are out on their own and the likes of Burnley and Watford also showing well. Apart from that teams aren't doing or playing any better than us. We need to only gain 8 points more than West Ham (who have an absolutely stinker fixture list) to be 10 points clear of relegation at the end of the year. I can easily see us getting 4/5 wins and a draw or 2 out of that fixture list.

To a degree I can understand your pessimism, but I think you are putting too much emphasis on our own form and disregarding how badly other teams are playing.
The league is either surprisingly poor or very competitive this season apart from the top 5 (Liverpool are a bit below the rest and aren't playing great either).

I have to say I panicked like most people once the 2nd one went in and in a moment of weakness even suggested Big Sam however sanity has prevailed. We will be fine now Niasse is there to bang the goals in. :-)

The longer we go without any actual news then the longer it makes me feel there is a lack of action going on. Sure we could come out next week and hire a manager who is actually worth the wait but this is Everton here!

I just feel there is a lack of real action going on behind the scenes hence the lack of any rumours never remind actual news on the matter. There is nothing because the board are coasting probably due to Watford win hoping they don't have to do anything.

I honestly have no faith we are talking to actual managers in this time, or have a clue who we want to hire.

God help us trying for a striker! We failed with 4 months notice so if we can't hire a manager then lord.knows.how we will sign a goalscorer

But we've only won 3 games all season, I'm struggling to see how we're going to get 5 in 6 weeks with the same group of players, especially when you factor in the fisting we're receiving at Anfield.

Not looking forward to that at all mate. Think I'll go to bed with a god book that day.;)

But apart from that the remaining 7 games of this half of the season are against bottom 11 teams who are also struggling. It isn't going to take much of a turnaround in our performance to get a decent run together during that spell.

Somebody else just told me they can't see us getting more than 5 points at best by the end of the year. Well if that's the case we may as well start getting ready for the championship now.

As an outsider (albeit with a vested interest), I'd go along with the "optimistic" view that Everton can climb the table in the next 10 games up until the New Year.

Apart from the fixtures against your deadly rivals and Chelsea, the other EIGHT fixtures are ones Everton would usually be confident of picking up points and a couple of clubs Newcastle (14 points) and Southampton (13 points) have a particularly "nasty" run of fixtures - SIX of the Saints' next 10 fixtures are against "Top Six" teams - 5 of them away from home. Newcastle have 4 of the next 10 against "The Top Six" as do West Brom.

Even with SU temporarily in charge, I can easily see Everton being above both Newcastle and Saints by January 1 - and probably several others including Burnley (19 points) Eighth-placed Brighton are only 3 points ahead of you as it stands, but they are playing with confidence.
Cheers mate. Not much optimism around here at the moment which is understandable I suppose. But there is a lot of winnable games coming up against teams who are also struggling, and I just don't think it's going to take a massive turnaround in form to pick up a few points. You mention Brighton being high on confidence but even they have to play 5 of the top 7 teams before the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back