Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
efc-board.webp

Jose, Pep, Klopp, Conte, Wenger.....all of whom did quite well when first arriving on these shores without PL experience.

Will match you with Egil Olsen, Pepe Mel, SolskJaer, Scolari, Christian Gross. And I'll up you with Juande Ramos, Alain Perrin, Velimir Zajec, Felix McGrath, Jacques Santini and Remi Garde.

No, this is just us not having a clue what to do.
Yes, meaning the easy option is Unsworth! Now I don't won't him but if there was an agreement for say Tuchel in the summer then I would very reluctantly let Unsworth steer the ship until then but it's a big risk imo..

Yes, meaning the easy option is Unsworth! Now I don't won't him but if there was an agreement for say Tuchel in the summer then I would very reluctantly let Unsworth steer the ship until then but it's a big risk imo..

They're all risks tbh. I haven't seen anything in the last few weeks that convinced me Unsworth can get a song out of them. They had some fight in the Watford game but we got back into it through Niasse's running the defenders down and a corner rather than any footballing virtue.

Reactions: JLW
Bloody hope not. Struck lucky with a few decent Welsh players/squad assembled by Gary Speed in the main, then managed not to qualify for the WC.

Oh, lost to a Roy Hodgson England side in his last tournament.
In his defence, he has done well at international level tbf, but his domestic carreer as a manager is not so good. Also he is a kopite and fav player is Emlyn Hughes, thats enough not to want him.

Martinez mate.

Threatened to win a trophy and got us the level of points nornally for champions league.

Moyes never wins these competitions because we lost 4 games every season without kicking a ball away from home. That is disgraceful, rather get hammered away and try and win than not even try.

Martinez was better for us than Moyes? lol

Oh my days!

He took over Moyes side and had some joy with it for a season after a couple of very good additions, then completely wrecked any good he had done by being an absolute turd for the next seasons.

I appreciate he got us to two semi's, same as Moyes, but Moyes also qualified for the CL with a much worst side.

In his defence, he has done well at international level tbf, but his domestic carreer as a manager is not so good. Also he is a kopite and fav player is Emlyn Hughes, thats enough not to want him.

Well he only got the Wales gig cos Gary Speed died. He did well under the circumstances, granted, but for some reason as yet identified, I find him the most over rated, uninspiring manager in football. (almost)

FA Cup Final under Moyes
4th Place under Moyes
That FA Cup Semi Final where we lost to the Andy Carroll header.
That League Cup Semi Final where we lost against Chelsea.

No mate, he did nothing.

Er, that is the absolute definition of nothing! There is nothing whatsoever in that list people will be telling their grandkids about.

12 years he was here. It's right to acknowledge the restrictions he worked under but let's not kid ourselves that record is anywhere near good enough for Everton FC.

FA Cup Final under Moyes
4th Place under Moyes

No mate, he did nothing.
I absolutely agree, he did nothing! Nowhere near winning a trophy and was seen celebrating coming fourth in 2005 before going to arsenal and losing 7_0. Our worst defeat, lowest goals in a season, never beat manure ok maybe one or two times. Nothing to celebrate unless fourth is a trophy. Most boring manager since errr.... Koeman.

Er, that is the absolute definition of nothing! There is nothing whatsoever in that list people will be telling their grandkids about.

12 years he was here. It's right to acknowledge the restrictions he worked under but let's not kid ourselves that record is anywhere near good enough for Everton FC.

That wasn't the debate though, the debate was who was the better for us out of Moyes, Martinez and Koeman. It's not even a contest.

As for that last comment, we were fighting relegation and utter turd before he arrived. Still living in the 80's by any chance? It was only Moyes who actually gave us some credibility again after years of garbage.

tbf with moyes we actually got to a final and actually got us to the cl. Obviously we bottled both both of those so it doesnt really matter.

I'm sorry what is "threatened to win a trophy"? Is that somehow better than actually getting to a final like Moyes did? And more importantly, didn't qualify us for the Champions league. How is anyway was he better? One good season, two crap.

FA Cup Final under Moyes
4th Place under Moyes

No mate, he did nothing.

Martinez was better for us than Moyes? lol

Oh my days!

He took over Moyes side and had some joy with it for a season after a couple of very good additions, then completely wrecked any good he had done by being an absolute turd for the next seasons.

I appreciate he got us to two semi's, same as Moyes, but Moyes also qualified for the CL with a much worst side.

To generalise.

He finished 4th with a points total that was a joke for 4th. Well done but we never got into the champions league (went out of Europe) so no rewards. Plus we only got 4th because the kopites let us. They dropped some awful points at the end of the season (to focus on another competition....)

He got to 2 semi and a final yes he did. And bottled all of them. Again we had lost before we stepped onto the pitch in all of those cases. So what was the point?

And what else? Hit a glass ceiling himself by fearing the other team even when by the end it was relegation team without a win who we were playing

So in my eyes trying and failing is one trying but under moyes, whenever it truly mattered he bottled it big time and we never stood a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back