Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to use 3 weeks to entice a decent manager to the El Dorado of the PL?

Piece of piss it should be. But not, apparently, for the Everton hierarchy.

There's been no change off the field, they continue to be hopeless.
Enticing a manager is a completely different thing to succession planning, which is actually the basis of my point. We could go and find any 'decent' manager but as you are quick to remind, we should only settle for the best...

And when did you start talking like Yoda?

Difficult to use 3 weeks to entice a decent manager to the El Dorado of the PL? Piece of piss it should be.

Difficult to choose the right person for the circumstances, which are that we are currently struggling massively with a hugely imbalanced squad.

We need someone who will guarantee us safety but also not be deemed as a lack of showing ambition. If we get in a short-term "firefighter", it needs to be clear that it is a short-term solution.

Three weeks is bugger all time to interview, negotiate a contract and take on a new manager.

Difficult to use 3 weeks to entice a decent manager to the El Dorado of the PL?

Piece of piss it should be. But not, apparently, for the Everton hierarchy.

There's been no change off the field, they continue to be hopeless.

The problem I see with Moshiri currently, is while it's fair to say he has added both more money and a improved sense of ambition, because he won't see anything through to conclusion he is ending up balancing the bits of good that are occurring with arguably a bigger detrimental affect of the confusion and disunity it is bringing.

I am no Kenwright fan, but he did have a method and approach that suited where he wanted the club to be that was applied consistently throughout his time. He gave a young, largely uninspiring but effective manager all the time he wanted to keep us in he top 10. He then took a chance on a more attacking manager, who would take more risks and may have won us a cup in exchange for sacrificing some of the league "success". I can fully understand why he, Moyes and Martinez may not have been enough for a lot of fans, but there was a degree of stability in his approach.

Moshiri has come in, started with "superstar on the sidelines" which I think was an unhelpful deviation and pushed him heavily towards Koeman. Just as we did in the first summer with trying for players out of our reach and ending up short, we now look to be repeating this approach with the hunt for the manager. None of it is joined up. Money alone will not be enough.

I said at the time of koeman sacking, that unsworth would be temp, and it would take us till at least xmas to source a new manager, in which time it will leave him/her a good week or so to assess the squad before the window.

in true Everton fashion
I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. It'll either be that or they'll employ in the next few days some achingly bad temporary manager who'll be an utter embarrassment.

Enticing a manager is a completely different thing to succession planning, which is actually the basis of my point. We could go and find any 'decent' manager but as you are quick to remind, we should only settle for the best...

And when did you start talking like Yoda?

How long do you think it takes for a successor to be planned for?

My point is that if these divvies had started to prepare for a successor to Koeman a month before he was sacked they'd now have had 7 weeks to get one in who was well researched.

FFS., there's class managers out there and available.

Sounding out possible successors is part of the business.

id dare say clubs like Chelsea and man city (before pep) would be regualry sounding out potential managers.

bit like when you get yourself an ugly bird, and are out with the lads, always looking for something that little bit better. In that sense everton are a very eligible batchelor right now, we cant even get ourselves an ugly duckling tho.

The problem I see with Moshiri currently, is while it's fair to say he has added both more money and a improved sense of ambition, because he won't see anything through to conclusion he is ending up balancing the bits of good that are occurring with arguably a bigger detrimental affect of the confusion and disunity it is bringing.

I am no Kenwright fan, but he did have a method and approach that suited where he wanted the club to be that was applied consistently throughout his time. He gave a young, largely uninspiring but effective manager all the time he wanted to keep us in he top 10. He then took a chance on a more attacking manager, who would take more risks and may have won us a cup in exchange for sacrificing some of the league "success". I can fully understand why he, Moyes and Martinez may not have been enough for a lot of fans, but there was a degree of stability in his approach.

Moshiri has come in, started with "superstar on the sidelines" which I think was an unhelpful deviation and pushed him heavily towards Koeman. Just as we did in the first summer with trying for players out of our reach and ending up short, we now look to be repeating this approach with the hunt for the manager. None of it is joined up. Money alone will not be enough.
Exactly.

Moshiri has overseen a dogs breakfast. And when a thorough and rigorous search for a new boss has been required, here we are not knowing whether the feller in limbo who's had it for a few games will lead us up to Christmas or whether he's casting about for a name of sorts just to plug the gap.

I have zero confidence in him making the right decision.

Exactly.

Moshiri has overseen a dogs breakfast. And when a thorough and rigorous search for a new boss has been required, here we are not knowing whether the feller in limbo who's had it for a few games will lead us up to Christmas or whether he's casting about for a name of sorts just to plug the gap.

I have zero confidence in him making the right decision.

INDECISION. that's what this reeks of.

plus, our owner wanting one thing , and our catastrophe of a chairman wanting another.

god knows what Walsh wants, or even if his opinion counts.

utter shambles.

and people think that this current regime are going to deliver us a new stadium.

people need to wise up and smell the coffee.

id dare say clubs like Chelsea and man city (before pep) would be regualry sounding out potential managers.

bit like when you get yourself an ugly bird, and are out with the lads, always looking for something that little bit better. In that sense everton are a very eligible batchelor right now, we cant even get ourselves an ugly duckling tho.
But there is the problem,we aren't eligible,we're a mess.And any manager who would sign for us can only be looking for a potencial big future pay off.

How long do you think it takes for a successor to be planned for?

My point is that if these divvies had started to prepare for a successor to Koeman a month before he was sacked they'd now have had 7 weeks to get one in who was well researched.

FFS., there's class managers out there and available.
I was talking about this yesterday Dave. In my opinion a DoF should have a contingency plan running in the background, at all times, for all positions. If your striker goes, who do you go for to replace him? We didn’t do that. Similarly if your manager gets poached or loses the dressing room, who do you get that could work with the squad you have. Clearly we had no idea about that either. They should be looking a bit further than the next transfer window and just for players!

I was talking about this yesterday Dave. In my opinion a DoF should have a contingency plan running in the background, at all times, for all positions. If your striker goes, who do you go for to replace him? We didn’t do that. Similarly if your manager gets poached or loses the dressing room, who do you get that could work with the squad you have. Clearly we had no idea about that either. They should be looking a bit further than the next transfer window and just for players!

sounds far to organised and simple for Everton to do this ^^

Yep.

I dont like that extra layer of bureaucracy at a club because it just leads to finger pointing and no one taking responsibility, but if you go down that DoF route you have to makes sure the person hired has the skills and the scope to carry out the overseeing of all aspects of the first team apart from coaching.

Steve Walsh either isn't up to that or Moshiri is a backseat driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back