Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The list should have consisted of realistic but high potential candidates.

Not the likes of Simeone or Ancelotti - who for various reasons would want a 'bigger' club, so mwe may as well just be pissing in the wind to try for them, all it does is confuse matters and watse time and give other more realistic candidates mixed signals and shows us as not having a clue

Tuchel should have been at the top of that list, and people like Allardyce and Dyche should have been nowhere near it
Agree 100%. Allardyce and Dyche would both gain us mid table security, Tuchel with time and financial backing could make us genuine contenders for the top 4.

The longer the silence goes on, the more Unsworth is nailed on to get more time.

Our search for a new manager has fallen off the back pages and no rumours on SKYSPORTSNEWS either.

We keep mentioning Dyche on here, not going to happen now, if it was , it would have been done by now.

BFS, a no goer either, for the same reason.

Unless Blue Bill is in pantomime costume and meeting Tuchel or Silva at some back water motorway services, i reckon we are staying with Unsworth for the foreseeable future.

Now iv'e said that , a new boss will be unveiled by 5pm today. ;)

The list should have consisted of realistic but high potential candidates.

Not the likes of Simeone or Ancelotti - who for various reasons would want a 'bigger' club, so mwe may as well just be pissing in the wind to try for them, all it does is confuse matters and watse time and give other more realistic candidates mixed signals and shows us as not having a clue

Tuchel should have been at the top of that list, and people like Allardyce and Dyche should have been nowhere near it

Also agree 100%. We cannot attract ‘A’ grade candidates but the club should have been maintaining a watchful eye on those on the next tier down.

They are usually younger managers and someone in that category always has the potential to become great. Why not start or continue that journey with us?

It just seems the club were totally unprepared again and have no succession strategy other than a list of mostly uninspirational and/or tired names.

If Dyche were to be offered the job, he is intelligent enough to realise he would only have been 5th or 6th choice - or even LOWER. If you are 5th or 6th choice, you would have to transform fortunes immediately or the majority of fans would be on your back.

Four months into his reign at Burnley - February/March 2013 - I reckon the majority of BFC fans wanted him sacked after a series of dire home displays (0-1 v Huddersfield; 0-0 Middlesbro; 1-1 Barnsley; 0-1 Hull City). Fortunately for Dyche, he recruited well in the summer and gained a promotion against all odds as runners-up to Leicester.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I think Koeman had lost the support of the players. Our dire football and results this season resulted in his correct dismissal in my eyes (and that's from someone who wanted Koeman here in the first place). I don't think it was a knee jerk reaction by Moshiri.
However if Moshiri has intentions to take this club forward as he claims, we need to be recruiting the best that are available. Don't waste our time trying to entice Simeone here, it's never going to happen in a million years. But Tuchel and Ancelotti are available. Koeman was on one of the highest paid contracts in the premier league, why not test the water with these two. As much as I admire David Unsworth, now is not the time for him to be appointed manager.

There are no excuses. A well run club would have this situation well in hand.

It's a shambles...again.

Or...it's actually very difficult to do and everything isn't as black and white as you make it out to be?
Difficult to use 3 weeks to entice a decent manager to the El Dorado of the PL?

Piece of piss it should be. But not, apparently, for the Everton hierarchy.

There's been no change off the field, they continue to be hopeless.

Difficult to use 3 weeks to entice a decent manager to the El Dorado of the PL?

Piece of piss it should be. But not, apparently, for the Everton hierarchy.

There's been no change off the field, they continue to be hopeless.

I said at the time of koeman sacking, that unsworth would be temp, and it would take us till at least xmas to source a new manager, in which time it will leave him/her a good week or so to assess the squad before the window.

in true Everton fashion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back