Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, it won’t be easy at all. In mid season as well. Him going leaves them without a manager and we know how difficult that is.

I’d rate it at less than 50:50 even if Silva is interested. There is a big difference between that and agitating for a move 11 games in, or resigning.

It won’t happen soon if it all, and if it fails then they really have no option but to appoint Unsworth in what would be less than ideal circumstances. It’s high stakes.

Exactly him leaving them now puts them in our situation as such ( although there position is better ) they can just say no. And we have to say ok

What's your opinion of Tuchel?

I very much rate him as a coach.

But I also was absolutely fine with Dortmund's decision to move on from him, there where too many problems off the field over the previous 18 months which made the situation impossible.

His next job will be a defining moment I feel for him. Because many have question marks over his personality and ability to be a good man manager, after his issues at Dortmund, and one or two issues at Mainz, so he needs to be able to reasses I feel and make some changes, but no doubt the man can coach.

Nothing mate, but it’s taken him 4 years and 2 clubs to bring about his footballing philosophy. Also he had a fine season with Southampton prior to him being poached. Silva took Hull down and has just lost his last 3 PL games.

That doesn’t fill me with confidence

Hull were practically down before he joined

I'm catching up... is DU definitely out the picture, and if so why? He's won 2/3 in the Prem and we were realistically out of Europa and League Cup anyway.

I think his only 'mistake' was being a bit too bold vs Leicester, when digging in for a point may've been more sensible in the first half. But, he did that because he wants Everton on the front foot, as we all do. The players have responded - Lennon has been very good, likewise Beningame (spelling), Lookman and DCL all have made good impact. We look like we believe we can actually score again, and with a balance to do it.

But instead, after a very difficult 4 games and a jump up 4 places in the league - does DU get his deserved shot at Palace, Saints, West Ham and Huddersfield and a chance to see us top half? Nah. No thanks.

It's only when Everton behaves so disloyally to the people that get behind and push it through thick and thin that I genuinely despair for us. Pat on the head Dave, back the U23s who've helped gee us up, thanks. And off f(*$s another otherwise decent prospect made in our own backyard. Taxi for Ross and Dave - we'd rather have some strangers here for big money that can't speak English instead. Way to go blues.

Pretty sure you and I have been watching different games.

In fairness to Silva, his transfer business in the summer looks good. Richarlison, Hughes, Chalobah and Carrillo are also decent additions whilst the jury is out on Andre Gray, at £18mill it isn't a massive financial risk either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back