Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, I'm not saying we played great : )

But I saw us trying to get forward. Y/N do you sense we have less attacking options than we did before DU came in? I think Lookman, Lennon, DCL and Beningame(who's name I will learn to spell without Google) have added to us, and Oumar added as well. Our league position has improved. This team is so vulnerable in terms of Baines/Jags age, key injuries and so many young lads bedding in right now- what he's achieved in terms of the win was a real potential turning point.

What's the concern towards him?

In fairness to Silva, his transfer business in the summer looks good. Richarlison, Hughes, Chalobah and Carrillo are also decent additions whilst the jury is out on Andre Gray, at £18mill it isn't a massive financial risk either.

How much say does he have at Watford in terms of players in?I know their model is about moving players across their clubs and selling on. His turnaround at Hull was impressive so he obviously has an eye for a player

Last edited:
Reading his career so far it sounds promising. Won two honours at two clubs which neither was his fault when he left. He did work a miracle almost at hull and he has an eye for a player or two.

Can't really ask for much more at this point.

The near miracle at hull was actually a miracle with estoril. A team with less than 5000 capacity stadium and historically a lower league in Portugal. He got them europa league qualification after taking over whilst they were a non enitity languishing in the second division. His record every where he has been is very good. At times outstanding see estoril and olympiakos. The 33.9% win rate at hull is also outstanding considering what he took over. With that rate they have comfortably stayed up had he had the whole season.

This is also a man who beat Barca and arsenal with this olympiakos team from a no mark league in Greece as some have said. At a time when Greek football was utterly on its arse financially. There is absolutely nothing Martinez about him other than he isn't from these shores.

Would be an outstanding appointment in my opinion.

The near miracle at hull was actually a miracle with estoril. A team with less than 5000 capacity stadium and historically a lower league in Portugal. He got them europa league qualification after taking over whilst they were a non enitity languishing in the second division. His record every where he has been is very good. At times outstanding see estoril and olympiakos. The 33.9% win rate at hull is also outstanding considering what he took over. With that rate they have comfortably stayed up had he had the whole season.

This is also a man who beat Barca and arsenal with this olympiakos team from a no mark league in Greece as some have said. At a time when Greek football was utterly on its arse financially. There is absolutely nothing Martinez about him other than he isn't from these shores.

Would be an outstanding appointment in my opinion.
Let a 2 goal lead slip to the most unconfident side in the world though....

Swings and roundabouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back