Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinks a bit of Martinez doesn’t he?

I said what I wanted a while back. Someone who has won stuff. Not just been over performing at a smaller club. We’ve tried that. It doesn’t work.

Just don’t know who that person is.

And if we really want Silva I’d be shocked if we didn’t get him.

Seen a few of his post matches, and he doesn't blow smoke up the fans arses about what they just saw which is a huge positive, young, plays decent footy, done well at every club (yeah even Hull as they would have set a record for lowest points before he came), lot more positives than negatives with him, could all go tits up ofc, but like the fact he seems to be able to get a tune out of cast off type players like Niasse and Cleverley and get younger players playing with confidence as well.

BIG question mark for me is - IF we did get him - and he's here for a few years - does his style of management have sustainability with a squad - or does it get old fast - as he besides at Estoril has never been one place long enough to figure that out

Oh the irony if we do snatch him from Watford lol

First game we should play this just to troll the Watford fans

Every breath is a prayer of some kind
I breathe in, I breathe out, I just breathe
And you're so well, blue wonderful
Blue wonderful to me

Like swimming in your eyes
I dive in, I dive deep, I just swim
I lose myself in you, blue wonderful
Blue wonderful again

Don't you know where you go? I will follow
In your footsteps I find my own feet
Addicted like I am to the blues
Kind of blue of all the blues I need

Yesterday did someone else's song
In sixty-five summertime, don't let go
Long before you came, blue wonderful
The blue wonderful I know

Ain't just something I just left behind
In the past, far away, used to be
But your presence, my blue wonderful
Blue wonderful to me

Go where you want, when you want to
Just don't let the wind tear you free
Stick around the light that brings you home
Don't ever hang around with the breeze

Don't you know where you go? I will follow
In your footsteps I find my own feet
Addicted like I am to the blues
Kind of blue of all the blues I need

Every breath is a prayer of some kind
I breathe in, I breathe out, I just breathe
And you're so well, blue wonderful
Blue wonderful to me

Like swimming in your eyes
I dive in, I dive deep, I just swim
Blue wonderful again

Blue wonderful
Blue wonderful
Blue wonderful
Blue wonderful, again

I give it about an hour and a half until we get at least one Watford ‘fan’ signing up and moaning about us not showing them any respect.

...I posted a link to a Watford fans forum a day or so ago and surprisingly there wasn’t a single poster with that view. There was a general resignation that Everton were in for him so he’ll go. What did surprise me was the mix of fans who actually rated him despite the position they are in.

Thank you Marco Silva. At the very least , our Sean should be in charge at home to Swansea on Saturday........until Pulis and Hughes are sacked and the speculation starts all over again.:)

Hope so mate, where you reckon you'll finish this season btw, think you can maintain your form or will drop off significantly?

...I posted a link to a Watford fans forum a day or so ago and surprisingly there wasn’t a single poster with that view. There was a general resignation that Everton were in for him so he’ll go. What did surprise me was the mix of fans who actually rated him despite the position they are in.

The way they change managers so often they’re probably used to it really.

I’m still saying the fella is a winner.

Swerve the Martinez comparisons. He won league In Greece and did it without losing. Look at Olympiacos now!

Hey, unlike Martinez, took s relegation certainty and nearly kept them up, whereas Martinez consistently flirted with relegation, eventually did, and in the end hugely underachieved at Everton. Now he’s working wonders with a relegation favourite in Watford, and has brought in and made players flourish like Richarlison, Doucoure and even Cleverley... dare I say Niasse!

In Portugal, the Sporting fans thought they were better and he was always onto a flogging. But Estoril, the equivalent of someone like Gillingham or Rotherham, well he took them to fourth in the top flight, got them in Europe and made them tick.

He’s the man for me. Tactically astute. He could be the Pocchetino we’re after.

They really should be sat in 5th on 21 points mate, their keeper doesn't get a freak injury they run out that game 3 or 4 nil winners 'IMO' and they where fantastically unlucky against Chelsea and Richarlison missed 2 absolute on a plate sitters when they where 2-1 up which you'd have bet anything on him finishing, they really should have been 4-1 up in that game and it would not have been a inaccurate reflection of how on top they where either, then they got undone by set pieces - 4-2 for Chelsea was in no way an indication of that game honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back