Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope so mate, where you reckon you'll finish this season btw, think you can maintain your form or will drop off significantly?

Depends on who we sign in transfer window, injuries and suspensions etc..desperately need a pacy, hard-working winger in the Aaron Lennon/Nathan Dyer mould. I doubt we will finish top half - maybe 12th/14th?

Don’t get this really weird infatuation of taking the previous games out of considerstion all together and just looking at his last few.

Dead weird.
It isn’t weird really it’s actually a genuine concern. After doing well initially and getting them in with a genuine chance of staying up, they then literally fell off a cliff and turned utter poo when it really mattered.

Spurs are very good we know, but no premier league team should be shipping 7 goals against them. Shipping 4 against the mighty Palace and then losing 2 nil against Moyes’ Sunderland who were relegated is even worse.

It’s not being weird at all, it’s a concern.

Any manager we appoint though will have concerns I think that’s obvious. He’s still my pick out if the candidates.

It isn’t weird really it’s actually a genuine concern. After doing well initially and getting them in with a genuine chance of staying up, they then literally fell off a cliff and turned utter poo when it really mattered.

Spurs are very good we know, but no premier league team should be shipping 7 goals against them. Shipping 4 against the mighty Palace and then losing 2 nil against Moyes’ Sunderland who were relegated is even worse.

Any manager we appoint though will have concerns I think that’s obvious. He’s still my pick out if the candidates.

That would have something to do with the fact he was managing Hull City.

Spurs result was utterly meaningless as they where already down, the killer for them was Sunderland suddenly turning up once they got relegated and Pickford turning in an absolutely brilliant performance to win man of the match, they lost it as they gambled and went all out to get the 3 points they needed

At least Fat Sam's odds are drifting. What I don't understand is the ambition of the club to actually approach one of the big names mentioned. Tuchel for example. Mabe they have, but I very much doubt it.
Plucky little Everton too scared to be rebuffed.

They lost away at Man City and away at Stoke, beat Watford at home, got a draw away at Saints - spurs game as i sad was a meaningless game as they had already been relegated, and the Sunderland one they absolutely battered them and got sucker punched going for the win - and Pickford was brilliant btw otherwise they run out clear winners that day.

Palace was a bad loss, but given at the point of the palace games they would have needed to beat Spurs and Sunderland and then hope that Swansea lose at home to a West Brom to stay up - given that West Brom had mailed in their season by then - the Palace game was almost pointless - west brom didnt win any of their last ten after getting to the safety amount of points.

Interesting thing about us and Watford form this season

We've won three and had a disastrous start

They've won four and had a strong start

Big Marco has won 12 from 34 games in the league overall. Only drawn 6 of those as well.

Bit more of a risky appointment that I first thought.

That would have something to do with the fact he was managing Hull City.
No that’s just an excuse. I’m not saying they were a good side because they clearly weren’t. But the previous results showed they were much more capable than getting battered by Spurs and Palace and losing comfortably to one of the worst sides we’ve seen for years in Sunderland. Those results prove it was one major collapse right at the most important part of the season there’s no escaping that.

His teams ship goals, that’s a concern. Look at the results above, they shipped 3 against us, should have been comfortable against Chelsea and then imploded and lost 4-2.

He plays high up the pitch and goes for it that’s fair enough, but can you imagine those tactics with the players we have?

We have a slow ageing defence that can’t or shouldn’t play high up the pitch, and we also don’t have the attacking players to play a “we’ll score more than them” game either.

Does he have the flexibility in his tactics to change and adapt to the squad he has at his disposal? You’d have to hope he does if he joins!

They lost away at Man City and away at Stoke, beat Watford at home, got a draw away at Saints - spurs game as i sad was a meaningless game as they had already been relegated, and the Sunderland one they absolutely battered them and got sucker punched going for the win - and Pickford was brilliant btw otherwise they run out clear winners that day.

Palace was a bad loss, but given at the point of the palace games they would have needed to beat Spurs and Sunderland and then hope that Swansea lose at home to a West Brom to stay up - given that West Brom had mailed in their season by then - the Palace game was almost pointless - west brom didnt win any of their last ten after getting to the safety amount of points.
That’s fair enough, but as I just pointed out to Connor, his teams seem to ship an awful lot of goals. With our current Ropey defence that’s a genuine concern to me. But I repeat, I’d STILL prefer him to any of the other touted candidates despite those concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back