Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No that’s just an excuse. I’m not saying they were a good side because they clearly weren’t. But the previous results showed they were much more capable than getting battered by Spurs and Palace and losing comfortably to one of the worst sides we’ve seen for years in Sunderland. Those results prove it was one major collapse right at the most important part of the season there’s no escaping that.

His teams ship goals, that’s a concern. Look at the results above, they shipped 3 against us, should have been comfortable against Chelsea and then imploded and lost 4-2.

He plays high up the pitch and goes for it that’s fair enough, but can you imagine those tactics with the players we have?

We have a slow ageing defence that can’t or shouldn’t play high up the pitch, and we also don’t have the attacking players to play a “we’ll score more than them” game either.

Does he have the flexibility in his tactics to change and adapt to the squad he has at his disposal? You’d have to hope he does if he joins!

Obviously you didn't see the Chelsea game then - Pedro scored a world class finish from 30yards - think every Watford player was in the box at the time, Batshuayi scored a header when they had about 8 men in the box, Azpilicueta similarly scored a header when Watford had about 8 men in the box, and the 4th came about 95 mins in when they where throwing everyone forward to try get an equaliser, high line had nothing to do with any of those goals.

Against us - how did a high line lead to any of the goals - a daft pen, a howler by the keeper and a header from a corner

There were rumours we were waiting for an International manager - after the current International games. Could still be the case and Silva is a smokescreen?

At least Fat Sam's odds are drifting. What I don't understand is the ambition of the club to actually approach one of the big names mentioned. Tuchel for example. Mabe they have, but I very much doubt it.
Plucky little Everton too scared to be rebuffed.
I was hoping at least they reached out to Tuchel. Shame we probably won’t find out either way

Oi you snidey little squeeky scouser tarts, Marco Silva is ours and so is Z-Cars.

Oh, and maybe you chavs should respect other teams a bit more and not buy out every team outside the top 6.

Stupid team full of Hull, Burnley and Sunderland rejects.

giphy.gif

Two main differences with Koeman and Southampton where the club's initial refusal on any terms was possibly even more adamant.

Unlike previously with Saints when it was close season, this one is eleven games underway and it mightn't be quite as easy for Watford to find a suitable replacement very quickly.

Against that is that their owners do have very good connections throughout all of Europe and they've shown in past seasons that they have a ready willingness to change quickly and often and without necessarily looking to those with experience in England. Jokanovic, Flores and Mazzarri have all come and gone after only very brief season long stays. They tend not to get too attached to their coaches or managers and may be more easily tempted here.

Koeman had at least given Southampton their two best league finishes in the premiership over his two seasons and had made himself a real part of their steady progress upwards, their board desperately wanted to keep him as they had Pochettino before him. There isn't the same tradition of keeping hold of their managers at Watford and they may well have been tentatively eyeing up replacements just in case as a sensible precaution anyway.

Please God, not Coleman or Martin O'Neil. The other MON gels a squad, but has no real pedigree, he has worked wonders with Norn Oirland though.

Sam - nay, nay and thrice nay. Dyche, not for me but could live with it. Tuchel an unknown in our league, but others have done well with little to no experience of PL footy. Simeone would be lovely, again no PL experience, but hey he would be class ***** pinches self and wakes up.

Rhino - nice man, but not the right man.

Interesting thing about us and Watford form this season

We've won three and had a disastrous start

They've won four and had a strong start

Big Marco has won 12 from 34 games in the league overall. Only drawn 6 of those as well.

Bit more of a risky appointment that I first thought.

...interesting reaction on the Watford forum, including somebody posting a link to here. Be careful, those Hornets are reading our posts;

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/is-marco-silva-all-that.53630/page-8

Last edited:
Interesting thing about us and Watford form this season

We've won three and had a disastrous start

They've won four and had a strong start

Big Marco has won 12 from 34 games in the league overall. Only drawn 6 of those as well.

Bit more of a risky appointment that I first thought.

Oh god.

Can a club approach the manager or another club directly or do they need to go via the manager's current club? i.e. is the same rule in place to stop tapping up managers as it is for players? Just asking for a friend's club.

The comparisons between him and Martinez I don't get! The difference between them is Martinez took HIS own team that he assembled down and Silva inherited a load of crap with limited games remaining when they were as good as relegated anyway.

I can’t believe the board have dithered so long to make an approach for Silva now.

I like Watford, they are a good club and their fans are sound too. We’d be the same if someone come looking for our manager when the season was started to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back