Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for DU. Treated very shabbily here.

Back him or put him back in the U23s.

He hasn't been treated all that bad, D.

He knew it was and knows it is going to be tough to get the job on a full-time basis. The hand he was dealt - Chelsea, Lyon, Leicester all away - didn't make it any easier but, if only temporarily, he's got his dream job. He's made it clear he wants it, but the way to get it is to impress and outside of his press conferences, he sadly hasn't done that.

On the other hand, I don't think it would be fair to him to say; look, we're appointing X, we'd like you to manage the 23s again and if we need you again, we'll call on you - but sadly, he's not really ready yet for the top job. I personally don't want him to say go out and 'do a Stubbs' because he's a better man than that but he can't be stuck in a perpetual 23s and interim first-team limbo.

A bit more and in minor leagues.

Is he less of a gamble though? I mean, he did get relegated in his last job (although they made a decent fist of it in fairness). He's been in his current job for 12 games, during which he's won one more game than a very crap Everton side, who he just lost to.

I'm not saying he's rubbish or anything, I just don't understand why he's rated so highly. Give Unsworth a chance. If Silva is still good by Christmas then try and bring him in then.
Firstly, I would say that 250 games as a manager is more than 'a bit more' than 5. I would also say that even if we accept the rather questionable assertion that the Portuguese and Greek leagues are minor, the Champions League certainly isn't.

The second point is just one of those ridiculous ideas that many of our fans seem to love. It's akin to saying how did we know that DCL was better than Delial Brewster, we should have just put Brewster in the team for a year and let us as fans decide whether we liked him or not before spending money on an outsider.

I suspect it would never have come out if we weren't confident of eventually doing the deal but we'll see. We are bound to have to pay premium for a manager who has only been at another club for eleven games.

Couldnt care less what any one thinks....if we get the right man then thats all that matter's.

Ps, if you reversed the roles and it was a so called "bigger club " doing the same thing to us, imagine the meltdown on here.

Also, "if " Silva did come, this would show that he's always be open to jumping ship again during the season, if one of the big boys came knocking.

I'm not having a go at him, as I rate him as a manager by the way.

upload_2017-11-14_14-37-6.webp

Dave Prentice eh, what a career he has had in journalism.

The Echo commentating on our next manager when this is the level they are really at.

I feel sorry for DU. Treated very shabbily here.

Back him or put him back in the U23s.
He hasn't been at all.

He has been given 4 games in charge (maybe more) on an interim basis while we look for a new manager and this is exactly what has happened. He himself said he had been given no targets. All a club can do is act in good faith and this is what appears to have happened (for once).

Ps, if you reversed the roles and it was a so called "bigger club " doing the same thing to us, imagine the meltdown on here.

Also, "if " Silva did come, this would show that he's always be open to jumping ship again during the season, if one of the big boys came knocking.

I'm not having a go at him, as I rate him as a manager by the way.

Apparently Silva would talk but Watford have put their foot down, cannot blame them really.

Just been on the 2pm news bulletin on Talksport, that it's looking highly likely that Unsworth will be in charge until the end of the season.

What a mess.

If that's the case, it's about survival now nothing more.

We need lots of players in the transfer window, is Unsworth the man to bring them in ?????
Is that the same talksport that told us Dyche or Big Sam would be at the helm over the past few weeks.
Its very obvious now that the ONLY person who knows anything is Moshiri....even the previously "trusted" journo's are getting nothing from him....and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back