Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next Everton Manager

Manager?

• Rhino

Votes: 85 8.7%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 168 17.2%
  • Simeone

Votes: 259 26.6%
  • Dyche

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Allardyce

Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is biding your time then this. The board need to wake up. We are bordering on a laughing stock here. Who sacks a manager without contingency plans? who?

This has been mentioned several times during phone ins this morning.

To try and poach another teams manager during the season, is low and shows a distinct lack of class too.

I've been too busy with my own stuff recently to notice but has there been a number of anti-Moshiri write-ups from say, Everton friendly journos?

I did see one from somebody I've never heard of before in the Independent but I'm pretty sure someone with the following of the Esk could get an Indy online column if they asked.

If that's the case, then I guess it's because they've been denied comment from Moshiri directly on something. I know Kenwright is cosy with King so anything that comes from King comes directly from Bill but I wouldn't know who to point at for everyone else.

Hunter is friendly with the players but again, don't think I've seen much from him on us recently.

Dominic King‏Verified account @DominicKing_DM
Moshiri barely been at Finch Farm since buying into @Everton; new ground talks also on agenda

thought at the time it was a weird dig at Moshiri mate (that was oct 13th)

this is from that article at the time
Farhad Moshiri made a rare and unexpected visit to Finch Farm on Friday in a show of support to under-pressure Everton manager Ronald Koeman.
Moshiri, Everton's majority shareholder, was joined by chairman Bill Kenwright at the club's training facility to primarily discuss plans for the proposed new riverfront stadium.
Moshiri has attended a number of matches at Goodison Park but he has barely set foot in Finch Farm since he acquired a 49.9 per cent controlling stake in February 2016.

King also ran that Moshiri had met Allardyce face to face on 6th Nov as well - something that seems to not necessarily have been the case now.

Hunter by and large hasn't said anything actually, but King and Joyce have 100% taken a change in tone on articles over the past month or so and not a positive one in regards to Moshiri either

In the media I think that today marks a turning point from one where the notion that Everton were being smart and not rushing a successor has changed to one where we look like a hapless organisation left reeling from a failed haphazardly put together list of managers.

Moshiri has the pressure right on him now. He or his string puller Usmanov need to open the wallet up and sort this log jam very quickly.

It is hard on unsworth but Silva will help us attract better players. Unlike Koeman who I doubt anyone cared about Silva has a very good reputation, is young and has the kind of CV of someone who is going places. Plus Unsworth is a gamble, maybe less of a gamble than Dyche or Sam but still more of a gamble than Silva.

In two years think about where you see us with those managers and you will understand why he's less of a gamble.
Is he less of a gamble though? I mean, he did get relegated in his last job (although they made a decent fist of it in fairness). He's been in his current job for 12 games, during which he's won one more game than a very crap Everton side, who he just lost to.

I'm not saying he's rubbish or anything, I just don't understand why he's rated so highly. Give Unsworth a chance. If Silva is still good by Christmas then try and bring him in then.

If Moshiri has got any real influence at the club, there is no way he can keep taking these insubordinate articles being put out.

Talking about survival etc. christ, we're not even a third of the way through the season. Absolutely hums that half the board are crapping themselves already and want to hand it over to Allardyce.

'Go cap in hand' to Allardyce. Bore off.

In the media I think that today marks a turning point from one where the notion that Everton were being smart and not rushing a successor has changed to one where we look like a hapless organisation left reeling from a failed haphazardly put together list of managers.

Moshiri has the pressure right on him now. He or his string puller Usmanov need to open the wallet up and sort this log jam very quickly.
I think it's wise to not be rushing in a new manager, but you definitely get the sense that it's not through planning. We've been making it up as we go along for the past two years.

Dominic King‏Verified account @DominicKing_DM
Moshiri barely been at Finch Farm since buying into @Everton; new ground talks also on agenda

thought at the time it was a weird dig at Moshiri mate (that was oct 13th)

this is from that article at the time
Farhad Moshiri made a rare and unexpected visit to Finch Farm on Friday in a show of support to under-pressure Everton manager Ronald Koeman.
Moshiri, Everton's majority shareholder, was joined by chairman Bill Kenwright at the club's training facility to primarily discuss plans for the proposed new riverfront stadium.
Moshiri has attended a number of matches at Goodison Park but he has barely set foot in Finch Farm since he acquired a 49.9 per cent controlling stake in February 2016.

King also ran that Moshiri had met Allardyce face to face on 6th Nov as well - something that seems to not necessarily have been the case now.

Hunter by and large hasn't said anything actually, but King and Joyce have 100% taken a change in tone on articles over the past month or so and not a positive one in regards to Moshiri either

My guess would be they've asked for something from Moshiri - perhaps an interview to talk about this season (in terms of it being bad) or talking about the summer - and instead, Farhad spoke to Sky or Jim White and gave his statement there.

Perhaps a bit of bitterness as I can't recall him speaking to any of the core four - King, Joyce, Hunter, Bascombe - outside of briefings given by Doogan directly to them or them quoting Moshiri from the Shareholder's Meetings. They have access to Bill and certain Players - see Jagielka, Baines and Coleman - but not the head honcho.

That would be my best guess but again, can't say I know.

Moshiri needs the pressure put on him mate, the only way we will get the true test of what he's about in reality

BK wants Unsworth to carry on in place. I'd guess he maybe felt he'd done enough to secure more time with the 3 points against Watford.

If Moshiri wants to put his foot down then he should blow all that out of the water with a big compo package and end this.
And that's understandable if true because I feel the same in a way myself but football isn't a sentimental game.

Don't agree at all mate. One half of the club wants to think on a higher scale, with ambition, and one half wants to hand it to Unnnnnnnsy whose selections make Koeman look inspired or Allardyce, one of the most corrupt individuals around.

Longer they take the better; that's what you have interim appointments for.

If Moshiri has got any real influence at the club, there is no way he can keep taking these insubordinate articles being put out.

Talking about survival etc. christ, we're not even a third of the way through the season. Absolutely hums that half the board are crapping themselves already and want to hand it over to Allardyce.

'Go cap in hand' to Allardyce. Bore off.

Joyce source = Elstone - i am pretty sure of that now

Just been on the 2pm news bulletin on Talksport, that it's looking highly likely that Unsworth will be in charge until the end of the season.

What a mess.

If that's the case, it's about survival now nothing more.

We need lots of players in the transfer window, is Unsworth the man to bring them in ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back